Hernias

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
I have both sides patched, last was when I was 11 years old back in the late 80’s. I have an older brother and back then the Cosby show and night court were king. That bastard would get me laughing so hard I would attempt to splint the pain until I cried… Bastard.

Sapcut

WKR
I just had two inguinal hernias surgically fixed. Inguinals are the ones right above my d*ck. It’s been awful. I haven’t been able to exercise since I got them diagnosed and am not supposed to lift more than 20lbs for the next month or two. Surgery went fine. But my lower abdomen has a couple big holes in it. It’s all swollen and bruised down there. I went back to work, which is at a desk after a week off. Still painful and crappy. I’m gaining weight and so bored.
I guess I’m glad that I live now rather than a couple centuries ago when I just would have died with my guts in my sack.
I‘m not looking for sympathy or anything. Feel free to chime in with your hernia experiences if you feel inclined. Or, feel free to ask about my experience. This thread is mostly just to say “f*ck hernias.”
What has your typical diet been for last buncha years?

Erict

WKR
I'm in as good shape for my age as most here and somehow got an inguinal hernia in 2020 and 2021 - opposite sides - both repaired with Laparoscopic Surgery. A few small incisions, get a ride home, spend the next day resting and back on your feet day 2. I was walking 5+ miles a day for the next 10 days, watching what I lifted for several weeks then everything back to normal.

I just dont' get guys like my friend telling me how he "pushes" his hernia back in routinely. If your insurance covers it and you have the time, don't put it off. It's too easy and too routine a surgery to put off.

OP
Q

Q child

WKR
What has your typical diet been for last buncha years?
My diet has been pretty typical American in a lot of ways. Lots of red meat. Fatty, salty, sugary. I also eat a lot of fish which is abundant where I live.
I'm in as good shape for my age as most here and somehow got an inguinal hernia in 2020 and 2021 - opposite sides - both repaired with Laparoscopic Surgery. A few small incisions, get a ride home, spend the next day resting and back on your feet day 2. I was walking 5+ miles a day for the next 10 days, watching what I lifted for several weeks then everything back to normal.

I just dont' get guys like my friend telling me how he "pushes" his hernia back in routinely. If your insurance covers it and you have the time, don't put it off. It's too easy and too routine a surgery to put off.
Yeah. I'm in good shape and in my mid-thirties. I was in particularly good shape when I first noticed my hernias too. I learned that it isn't really about your body composition. It's not your muscles that fail, there is a membrane inside that fails and when it does your muscles just kind of get out of the way. That membrane goes down and holds your balls too. I guess your balls kind of pass through it and bring it along to make your sack when you are developing in the womb. Pretty wild stuff to an idiot like me who doesn't know a damn thing about anatomy.
Yeah, I've been told that you really should get them treated, and if you don't some really horrible stuff can happen.
I did not get laparoscopic surgery. I guess mine were too far along. They sliced me open pretty good. Had a painful day yesterday that started with a painful poop. Feeling a little better today.