Help! Wife washed/dried my marino

OP
HuntInWild88
Alright so maybe not that big of deal.. I just thought I had read somewhere that it changes the properties of the wool.
Glad it's not as big of deal as what some websites make it out to be.
But I was kind of hoping to find an excuse to buy some new stuff!

WJS23

WKR
I have sets of darn tough soxs that are 6 years old that get washed with my normal everyday clothes, don’t worry about it.

grfox92

WKR
Alright so maybe not that big of deal.. I just thought I had read somewhere that it changes the properties of the wool.
Glad it's not as big of deal as what some websites make it out to be.
But I was kind of hoping to find an excuse to buy some new stuff!
Traditional wool, like a wool jacket or pants can not be washed and dried. Merino base layers can.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ToolMann

WKR
My wife is the most amazing person I know, my best friend and favorite hunting partner. But the drill in my house is I wash all the hunting clothes. 😁 We've washed and dried our merino socks when we forget, but all other hunting garmets go in a pile for me to take care of after a hunt. Started using Ecos scent/uv brightener free and always hang dry. The way I want it. I agree with others though, if it didn't shrink you're fine.

Rob5589

WKR
Didn't realize how delicate merino is. I've washed my DT socks a bunch without issue. Maybe try some of this on delicate cycle...
Screenshot_20211213-193819.png

I wash my Kuiu merino regularly with regular I scented laundry soap then hang dry. On the off chance it gets inadvertently tossed in the dryer, I have found that soaking it in warm water with a little hair conditioner, rinsing it well, and stretching out slightly, and laying flat between some towels will get it back to its original size. Works really well and has saved a few pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro953

WKR
Ok, aside from all of the grief the OP is getting, what laundry detergent do you all use on your hunting clothes? I really hate scented laundry detergent in general (or scented anything for that matter) but unscented is kind of hard to find these days. I am also always curious about the UV brightener issue.

I always end up using what we have in the house as after two days out everything stinks anyway, but would be interested to hear if you all have something you like.

I feel like this has gone from Rokslide to the “good housekeeping” forum all the sudden. Next I will ask what vacuum bags you all prefer.

260madman

WKR
Ok, aside from all of the grief the OP is getting, what laundry detergent do you all use on your hunting clothes? I really hate scented laundry detergent in general (or scented anything for that matter) but unscented is kind of hard to find these days. I am also always curious about the UV brightener issue.

I always end up using what we have in the house as after two days out everything stinks anyway, but would be interested to hear if you all have something you like.

I feel like this has gone from Rokslide to the “good housekeeping” forum all the sudden. Next I will ask what vacuum bags you all prefer.

7C587B38-659B-4EFE-AAA2-B554A1A1A323.jpeg

Atsko Sport Wash is what I use

I wash and dry everything. In this day and age if they can’t figure out how to make clothes capable of that they are worthless to me. Been washing and drying my merino since 2011, no issues.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I have merino tshirts I wear trail running and have the wife wash it like anything else, have 8 years out of some of them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk