Help! Wife washed/dried my marino

Ok. So wife washed and dried my Marino shirt and pants..used fabric softener and everything.
What now?
Does it really damage it that much?

go_deep

WKR
I wash and dry mine a couple times a year, and I have some items that are like 7 years old that are still in good condition.

kpk

WKR
Doubt it.

I've washed my minus 33 expedition stuff countless times. Could shrink a bit I suppose?

B

Brando'

Exactly. No big deal. I usually try and hang dry mine but the wife doesn't always care about my merino.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I’d only be concerned about it shrinking…. And being a 3XL guy, I’d be livid. My wife knows that I’ve wash all my gear, that it’s only Graingers performance wash, and hang dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
As long as it didn’t shrink, you can re-wash on a delicate cycle with Wool Wash or some other product with lanolin in it to re-moisturize the fibers. Then hang them to dry, or use an ultra-delicate dry cycle

ODB

WKR
Rewash with half a box of baking soda only. Don’t let your wife near the machine. Hang dry.

Dunndm

WKR
I wash my merino a couple times a year… I hang dry it, but I’ve dried a couple pieces before wanting to get out for another hunt. I don’t see any problems with it. Only thing you might need to do is put it in a non smelling detergent to get the smell off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
I wash and dry mine on occasion, no harm done. Biggest thing to avoid with any hunting clothing is detergents with optical brightener in them (the stuff that makes white clothes whiter). Basically, optical brighteners absorb UV light and re-emit that energy in the form of visible light, making you more visible to game.

Yep, wash mine all the time and dry on a delicate cycle, air only, or hang to dry. If it’s not bloody then I just wash in cold water, no detergent.

grfox92

WKR
I wash mine like it's regular laundry. Never had an issue and keep it for years.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk