Help me pick a stock

bmart2622

WKR
Updating the stock on my ultra mag, looking for something in carbon with somewhat of a vertical grip. Ive done a ton of research and think I might have it narrowed down to AG Composites Alpine Hunter, McMillan Game Scout, Stockys VG2, or Stockys M50. Anyone using these or something else I might have missed?

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Haven’t had either in hand to examine yet, but I’ve talked/communicated with both AG & McMillan this past week. McMillan said 4-6 months from date of order. Forgot to specifically ask AG about delivery time.

HGL

FNG
I've got an M50 and it is by far my favorite stock. It's got the perfect "hybrid" vertical/classic grip for my taste. Mine was the Gen 1 that AG composites actually made for Stocky's. I have no experience with the Gen 2 version that Stocky's makes in house, but they look identical.

OP
B

bmart2622

WKR
I've got an M50 and it is by far my favorite stock. It's got the perfect "hybrid" vertical/classic grip for my taste. Mine was the Gen 1 that AG composites actually made for Stocky's. I have no experience with the Gen 2 version that Stocky's makes in house, but they look identical.

How was the fit and finsh? Was it a true drop in fit? Did you bed the action?

Lawnboi

WKR
Eh1 or LRH would also be my choice.

Mcmillan game warden/scout are a little too low in the comb.

The AG is a decent stock, but so close to the eh1, and my ag was a problem. I personally like the mini chassis option on the manners.

Decker9

WKR
I run a couple AG’s and like them (privateer and alpine hunter). My new alpine hunter though, got a crack in the web between the trigger and the magazine. AG’s fix is to send it in to get that piece cut out. They said they dont keep that web in their stocks anymore.

It makes me think there’s other issues if that web is cracking enough for them to change their stock. Makes me skeptical about AGC stocks.

Lawnboi

WKR
What do you mean by a problem?
My tikka alpine hunter was pre the new mold and didn’t work. At the time my gunsmith had me send it back to AG. I took a refund and bought one I knew would work. Still havnt gotten my money back for the bed job but that guy won’t get anymore of my money.

The ergonomics of the stock were okay though.

HGL

FNG
I never shot it unbedded, but the fit and finish was great on the inletting. I have another AG stock (Cat All Terrain) on another build that is unbedded and the rifle shoots great as is.

There is a guy that advertises on armslist in Arizona, and sells McMillan stocks for fairly cheap. I have personally bought 2, and had a couple buddies buy others. The last I talked to him, he had game hunters inletted for r700, for 500.

cjcavinaw

FNG
Im currently waiting on an AG adjustable carbon k2 for my 300 rum. Ordered it late November and they said it should show up about mid april.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk