Help me narrow down my action

philcox

WKR
I'm going to build a LH 300WM. Current choices for actions are:
- Zermatt SR3 (~1400 + shipping + fees)
- Defiance AnTi ($1645 + shipping + fees)
- Lone Peak Razor (~$1300 + shipping + fees)
- Gunwerks GLR ($1500)

I am planning on slapping this in an XLR Chassi, with a CarbonSix barrel. Any input on pros/cons of those actions in that config is appreciated. Right now I am leaning to the GLR or AnTI.

Phil

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Zermatt. Some things that may set it apart from the others is the ability to change bolt faces and CRF. They do come nitrided, which I like.

All would be good choices though.

Flyjunky

WKR
I looked at those, and passed for one reason or another. I am pretty set on one of these. I am considering the Kelby Nanook, but probably not.
The Nanook is good but the Vesper will be used for my next build.

rootacres

WKR
I dont think there is a wrong choice with what you have up there. I have a Zermatt, I like the ability to switch out bolt faces. Im considering a switch barrel at the moment. The action functions flawlessly (control round feed), all prefit barrels have worked perfectly.

What I will say, since you are going with a chassis and DBM this won't be a factor. But if there is ever the potential of a BDL style setup I personally like an action that I can easily load over the top. The way Zermatt machines out their ejection ports its hard to get your fingers in there to load from the top. Im moving from a BDL to DBM because of that. If I built another BDL rifle, which I might for hunting, it'll be with their Ti action or a different action all together.

I'd go lone peak even if they were all the same price, but it's the cheapest so no brainer on that one. I like them because of how smoothly they run and have a light bolt lift. Supposed to run better when dirty than many of the others as well but that's just what people said on the internets. The fuzion i have has had a pretty sheltered life. Also, definitely would want something that is nitrided.

Kelbly nanook or bat vesper are the others that I'd be interested in but I've not had experience with either.

Last edited:

BAKPAKR

WKR
At this point, the Vesper is not available in left hand. I would like a LH long action myself. If you are a lefty and serious about a Vesper, let @Unknown Munitions know — maybe they will start offering one for us.

At this point, the Vesper is not available in left hand. I would like a LH long action myself. If you are a lefty and serious about a Vesper, let @Unknown Munitions know — maybe they will start offering one for us.
Unknown Munitions has stated that if they get 10 people to lay down a deposit for LH they will get them made. So get 10 lefties together and make an order.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
All of them are great options with very similar features! Call and talk to the companies to get a feel for customer service and then go from there!

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
I forgt to say that I am looking for an integrated recoil lug as well. Just a mental thing most likely, but want that feature. All the ones I listed have that.

NSI

WKR
The GLR is the most unique, at that price point I'd choose it over the Defiance - see Long Range Only's Ryan Furman's Youtube review on the GLR for some of its thoughtful design features. Might limit your pre-fit options, not sure if you're going that route.

(If using XLR chassis I'd go for a BAT Vampire but I know you ruled it out...)

GLWB,
-J

RFOUST89

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 6.5 PRC with a Zermatt SR3 Medium Action, Hawkins Hunter DBM. Im very impressed with how smooth the action is and how well it feeds. I also have an Origin LA for my 300 PRC, I can confidently say it operates well when dirty. The controlled round feed and mechanical ejector are great features.

ID_Matt

WKR
Lone Peak fan here. Company is ran by 2 super good guys that answer the phone whenever you call. Bolt lift is the best I've felt, and they have been super consistent from what i have seen across a few. I'm skeptical with defiance after the buy out and with the insane lead times/price increases. Gunwerks lacks the pre fit options which may not be a huge deal, but is a good option to have. No experience with zermatt but haven't heard much bad.

If i didn't do lone peak, I'd look heavy at the kelbly nanook.