Help me choose a caliber

B23

WKR
Don't think you could go wrong with a 6.5 PRC, 7 PRC, or 300 WSM. If recoil is of any concern to you the 6.5 PRC will be the better choice and that Hornady 147 ELD-M ammo shoots really well in just about all 6.5 PRC's.

SC HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
If I had to pick 1 to hunt everything anywhere in the world(I doubt I'll ever hunt moose or big bears) I'd choose a 300 win mag or 300 wsm. I have been killing deer and pigs for the last few years with a 6.5 creedmoor and been very pleased. 6.5 prc seems to be a great cartridge as well that I've been eyeballing recently. Hell I could legitimately get a 7mm-08 or 308 and hunt from now on and doubt I'd have any problem.

Woolfstoe

FNG
I’m truly a 270 Win fan. I have a couple that I really love. One is a fast twist longish barrel (1:8, 26”). I love it and still haven’t come close to its potential. That said, I purchased a Mesa FFT 6.5 PRC this spring and have just finished breaking in the barrel. Out of the box it’s a .5 MOA rifle shooting high bc bullets (factory loads)with enough energy to be comfortable at 500 yds. It takes some work to do that with a 270 and you won’t be shooting slippery bullets unless you increase your twist rate.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Every time I see one of these thread’s pop up I want to say 308 but sadly I have to agree with you. 😁
308 is a great choice too. I have a Kimber Montana that has had the barrel cut back to shoot suppressed. The gun all up is like 6lb 6oz that’s with a trijicon accupoint 3-9, SiCo scythe and warne mountain tech scope rings.

It can launch 165g accuponds well over 2700fps. It’s a great gun.