Help me choose a 6lb mountain rifle!

That Alpine CT is pretty incredible for the price. I’ve seen great accuracy out of those BSF barrels they’re using on those rifles.

Woolfstoe

FNG
Mesa FFT 6.5 PRC scoped with Talley rings. .5ish MOA with ELDM factory loads. No issues with QC. Accuracy confirmed out to 300.

Attachments

• IMG_3230.jpeg
    IMG_3230.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 9
I own and shoot both a Savage 110 and a Tikka T3X Super Varmint. Both guns are very accurate, more so than the shooter! I have been more than pleased with the action in both rifles. My expectation was that the Tikka action would be far superior to the 110, but at least with my guns, that has not proven to be the case. Both are very smooth.

Howa Super Lite - 7MM-08 with tally rings and scope. 5 pounds 10 ounces.

If you get the 16.5" Barrell it would be just over 5 pounds.

Have less than $1500 in the entire setup and it shoots great (Good enough) groups at 100 yards...

You don't even know it's on your shoulder while carrying it around the mountain. Its freaking awesome.

IMG_9177.JPG

mtg

FNG
So I’d you’re set on 7mag or PRC go with the PRC. It’s better IMO.

I’m with those that think a 280 ACkley or 7-08 are better given your parameters

pugwylde

FNG
I've never talked to anyone who uses a brake regularly that hasn't messed up in a rush and shot without hearing protection. In the wrong situation, it only takes once.
So keep using the brakes and roll the dice if you wish.
I'll always take recoil over muzzle blast.
My first time shooting a brake was exactly this. Had one ear in, the other dangling. Two years later, my left ear still gets a tinny vibration when the ambient sound is too loud.

I shoot suppressed now.