Help me build a sheep rifle!

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
@B_Reynolds_AK what are you thinking for stock or chassis for the tikka then? Stick with HNT26?
I ordered another HNT 26 through Unknown for the Tikka. I’ll probably be using a Rokstock Lite next year, or atleast giving it a try, but the folding stock and full length Arca of the HNT 26 are still better suited for me than any traditional stock.

z987k

WKR
I ordered another HNT 26 through Unknown for the Tikka. I’ll probably be using a Rokstock Lite next year, or atleast giving it a try, but the folding stock and full length Arca of the HNT 26 are still better suited for me than any traditional stock.
You could put together a single shot and keep the barrel longer for the same OAL as a bolt. Pick up even more speed.

Reactions: NSI
OP
B_Reynolds_AK
You could put together a single shot and keep the barrel longer for the same OAL as a bolt. Pick up even more speed.
That’s one solution, but not something I’m interested in. The HNT 26 w/ an 18” barrel and suppressor is as perfect a system as I’ve found.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Recognized it immediately! How was it weather proof wise in that rain? That is one I’ll be not so patiently waiting for IF it comes to market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not completely waterproof, like a Terminus. You can tape the seams, but there’s still the zipper. It fairly water resistant seeing how there are minimal seams. Benefit mostly is light weight, dries fast and abrasion resistant. 4.5 lbs for a feature rich 6k cu in. pack that has awesome load carrying ability.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Not completely waterproof, like a Terminus. You can tape the seams, but there’s still the zipper. It fairly water resistant seeing how there are minimal seams. Benefit mostly is light weight, dries fast and abrasion resistant. 4.5 lbs for a feature rich 6k cu in. pack that has awesome load carrying ability.
Sounds freaking awesome.

I don’t know what it’ll take to get that thing into the real world, but am 110% here for it if/when it does arrive.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
I have both the 20” PVA 6 CM and the 16” PBB 338 Fed Carbon barrels for sale from this build. They’re in the classifieds, but feel free to message me for any details. They’re both hammers.

I’ll be keeping the 18” 6 CM on the gun until I get the 22 CM build.

IMG_4503.jpegIMG_4505.jpeg

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Ben,

I might have missed it somewhere but would you mind sharing your 6cm load and ballistics to 1000 in 100yd increments via your projected 22cm load?

If you don't have it, don't sweat it, but if it's an easy copy paste I'd be interested in seeing it.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Hey Ben,

I might have missed it somewhere but would you mind sharing your 6cm load and ballistics to 1000 in 100yd increments via your projected 22cm load?

If you don't have it, don't sweat it, but if it's an easy copy paste I'd be interested in seeing it.

5,000 DA, 50f

6 CM 112 Match Burner, 2970 fps
42.8 H4350, Alpha OCD, Fed 210- Hot

IMG_4517.jpeg

22 CM 88 ELD-M, Estimated 3050 fps.
18” bbl. Will be same components as the 6 CM.

IMG_4519.jpeg

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Basically it’s same/same. However after discussing with Form, hit rates will be higher with the 22 due to less recoil. Actual velocity will be higher with the 22, especially if I drop down to 80 ELD-M/X, so ballistics could lean in favor to the 22.