Help me build a sheep rifle!

amassi

WKR
I think anyone looking for the rokstock lite should look real hard at the echelon. It has negative comb and comes in at 17oz.

Looks like over $1100 + tax ?
After you add sling studs or flush cups and a recoil pad it’s over 20 oz
That is an incredibly high price point for a tikka stock
What else does it add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z987k

WKR
Looks like over $1100 + tax ?
After you add sling studs or flush cups and a recoil pad it’s over 20 oz
That is an incredibly high price point for a tikka stock
What else does it add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the lightest tikka stock out there I think. The wildcat might be lighter, but you can't get those in the states anymore and it's the same shape as factory. The more vertical grip, the negative comb. Mine's in a 700 footprint, but even in that, you won't find much of anything under 20oz and mostly with a compromise of ergos.

madcalfe

WKR
While I wait for a Rokstok Lite, I decided to put the sheep rifle in a traditional stock, rather than the HNT 26. The HNT 26 is certainly great for mountain hunting, but wanted to try something else for a while.

Enter the Paradigm Carbon stock.
This thing is sweet! It weighs 20 oz and has great ergonomics. If it had negative comb, it would be perfect. I plan to install a low profile Arca rail on the flat fore end. The little adapter that comes with the stock has a tiny pic rail out front that allows you to mount a bipod or on a tripod head. No they are not offering these as component stocks, though when they were, they were appx $2,000. I picked this one up from a very generous friend who had a complete build done by them, but decided to stick with his HNT 26.

View attachment 779270View attachment 779271
I like my paradigm stock. I was one of the lucky ones to purchase one before they got expensive and then quit selling them. I paid 1500cdn for mine back in 2021. if it had a negative comb it would be perfect. I just use a beartooth shell holder and cut a piece of foam out of a scope box and tapped it to the stock. if you don't run a sling id suggest tapping up the QD mount in the butt of the stock when it rains. i literally has 3" of water in my stock after hiking all day in the rain on a sheep hunt.