Help make my my mind up on a brand of scope and go

boatdoc

FNG
Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 x 42 , mil , sfp or the Credo HX if you want moa.
Decent glass, nice turets, illuminated reticle.
Durable and not expensive.
Just one man’s opinion.

huntnful

WKR
At 600 you’ll be needing to make some wind holds for sure. I’d recommend FFP. Trijicon Tenmile 3-18X44 or the new maven. I can’t recall the exact specs on it though. RS 1.2 2.5-15X44 or some shit

I recently picked up a Bushnell 4.5-18x44 here and it has an excellent reticle for what you are looking for.

There have been 2 more pop up recently. Do a search and see if they are still available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lies. SB Klassic 3-12 P3L.

If I was only shooting out to 600 yards, I’d have this scope on nearly every rifle.
Not lies. The SB is another excellent option, but it depends on budget. That's a $1,300 scope in the Maven and NF range. The SWFAs listed (when available) are all extremely durable and functional and can all be had for less, and in the case of the 3-15x and 6x, much less.

Not lies. The SB is another excellent option, but it depends on budget. That's a $1,300 scope in the Maven and NF range. The SWFAs listed (when available) are all extremely durable and functional and can all be had for less, and in the case of the 3-15x and 6x, much less.
It took a few weeks and some incredible support from other RS members sending me links, that I'm extremely grateful for, but I just picked up a pre-owned 6x in excellent condition for $475.

atmat

WKR
Sorry about the confusion. The “lies” comment was about “end of list.”

I meant that there was at least one more valid option beyond his list. But those are all great scopes too.

I edited my comment to just quote a piece of his.

Which of these can you actually purchase today?
SWFA 3-15 is in stock at SWFA for $699
Maven RS1.2 is in stock on Amazon for $1,200
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18 is in stock on Amazon for $1,739
Nightforce SHV F1 4-14 is in stock on Amazon for $1,290

SWFA 6x and 3-9x you'll have to be patient, and I recommend posting a WTB on the classifieds and refreshing daily.

KenLee

WKR
SWFA 3-15 is in stock at SWFA for $699
Maven RS1.2 is in stock on Amazon for $1,200
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18 is in stock on Amazon for $1,739
Nightforce SHV F1 4-14 is in stock on Amazon for $1,290

SWFA 6x and 3-9x you'll have to be patient, and I recommend posting a WTB on the classifieds and refreshing daily.
There's a reason, or reasons, the 3-15 SWFA is in stock. No HD glass and a tight eyebox. Even the cult following aren't huge fans.

nobody

WKR
Which of these can you actually purchase today?
As @jjohnsonElknewbie said above, you can buy the SWFA 3-15 right now. And I’m sorry, but if a guy can’t see well enough through the SWFA non-HD glass to make a shot, their eyesight is probably poor enough they shouldn’t be driving alone, let alone hunting and shooting. It’s not alpha, but it’s more than adequate.

The Maven comes back into stock regularly, basically monthly. Yeah it’ll require A LITTLE effort to watch the website and catch them in stock, but you can get them easy enough.

Trijicon and Nightforce are available right now, easy to buy. Just found both in about 3 seconds of google searching.

SWFA 6x and 3-9 are difficult, admittedly. But can be had used on eBay and on forum classifieds with a little patience.

It may be more difficult that walking into sportsman’s warehouse and having them mount it for you, but it’s not hard to find and purchase any of those optics in the grand scheme of things.