SWFA 3-9X42 vs SWFA 6X

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thank you.

If I could bother you one more time.

If I wanted to keep the same Mil-Quad reticle when adding optics to a Tikka T3X Varmint in .223 (Primarily for Prairie Dogs)

3-15x FFP or 5-20x.

and a Larue PredatAR in .308 18" bbl, (Primarily "Tactical" Target shooting) which SWFA optics would you recommend for those applications?

1-6x HD.

Deywalker

FNG
That 1-6x is one scope I just cant get warmed up to, and I dont know why. Have had it on several rifles and it always gets pulled an stuck back on the shelf.
If you ever want to get rid of it I'm sure it won't be hard. I wanted one and got burned when they discontinued it after I sent mine in for replacement. I'm hoping they come out with a new 1-6 or 1-8 when they reveal whatever it is they're working on.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
This is the only LPVO that I have been around. On 1x in thick brush, it was pretty legit. And I can see why people would like them. Something a little more streamlined might work for me.

Having turrets on a scope like that kinda makes me scratch my head though. Like you said, its a compromise.

Dialing for elevation on a LPVO works just as well as it does on a 5-25x. If you aren’t needing to shoot past 200’ish yards and do want a 1-6x, the Trijicons tend to do pretty well.

Dialing for elevation on a LPVO works just as well as it does on a 5-25x. If you aren’t needing to shoot past 200’ish yards and do want a 1-6x, the Trijicons tend to do pretty well.
Form, do you have any experience with the Eotech Vudu LPVO's? If so, are they up to snuff in your experience?

auwardamn

FNG
Was looking for exactly this information on these same scopes. My buddy in Texas swears by SWFA

6x is my main scope for utility killing. Got 7 sitting on all my rifles. Hint. Nothing wrong with a 3-9 though

TexLuke

FNG
I own/have owned a lot of SS scopes:

1-4, 6x,10x, 3-15 in the “fixed style series”

1-6, 3-9, 5-20 in the HD series

I like all of them. only issue I’ve ever had, is with an SS 3-15 on a tikka CTR running seekins low rings. Ejected brass would hit windage turret and fall back into the action occasionally. I swapped that scope out but could‘ve capped the turret. For this reason I’d personally run an SS 3-9 on a hunting rifle over any of the fixed/3-15 scopes with taller turrets but that’s just my preference

Seak_angler

FNG
Classified Approved
They are both perfect in my opinion. I would take a 6x …. but if you can find a 3-9 no complaints there.