Help finding best scanner/copy machine for lots of old photos

shader112

WKR
A question for the brain trust. We lost Grandpa this week at 94. I have always wanted to scan in his photos dating back to 1930. There are thousands of all different sizes and quality, some delicate.

I would like to buy a scanner to get them on my computer and just put the different albums into folders. The old ones will have to be one at a time, but would like a scanner than can do say 50 normal photos quickly.

I have no idea if there is a quick and efficient scanner for doing this. Any suggestions are appreciated

OP
S

shader112

WKR
Sorry about the loss of your grandfather. Here is a link to PC Mag's best scanner review; has some good choices that you can follow up on:

You can also get combo printer scanner copiers for less.
Thank you, that is the list I found also. Looks like there are a couple good options for speed and scanning both sides at the same time

OP
S

shader112

WKR
My wife was in your situation a few years ago; she picked up an Epson Perfection V600 Photo and it's worked well.
Thank you, I am looking at the

Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-speed Photo and Document Scanning System​

It's pricey as hell, but I think I might use it and pass it around to some friends and family so they can digitize old photos. Then maybe sell it for a couple hundred bucks.