Hello OnX?

cnelk

WKR
@onX Hunt
Hello OnX -

A couple questions.

Is there a reason the crosshairs are covered up when making a Line Distance or Area Shape?

See pic below.

Also
Is there a way to move the Go to Waypoint tab where the Add to Folder tab is?

See pic below.

Thanks

478459FC-7243-47C6-8821-6566B3A9FB86.jpeg7AB01E24-50E7-44FF-B131-4C8928A118F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Jethro

WKR
@cnelk, moving the Goto Waypoint tab is a good suggestion. Would be a user friendlier change.

Interesting about your line crosshairs. Mine are not covered up by the Drop Point tab, like yours are.

Tod osier

WKR
Hello OnX -

A couple questions.

Is there a reason the crosshairs are covered up when making a Line Distance or Area Shape?

See pic below.

Also

See pic below.

Thanks

View attachment 515610

Agree that annoying. As is the "are you sure you want to discard that line?" question that you will get about 50 times a day if you are measuring stuff. Does anyone ever want to save a measuring line?

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
@onX Hunt
Hello OnX -

A couple questions.

See pic below.

Also

See pic below.

Thanks

View attachment 515610View attachment 515611
I believe the issue with your crosshair being covered up is do to your display zoom being turned up too high. To remedy that Go to Settings > Display and Brightness > Display Zoom (at the very bottom of the page) > Default > Done.

I will certainly pass along your suggestion for flipping those two tabs to our design team here.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Agree that annoying. As is the "are you sure you want to discard that line?" question that you will get about 50 times a day if you are measuring stuff. Does anyone ever want to save a measuring line?
I think you will find the two finger distance measure feature that we recently released to be very useful. (Right now it is only available on iOS devices, with Android coming soon.)

This video does a good job of explaining the tool and how to use it:

The 2 finger distance measure is definitely an improvement for quick reference, but if I had to pick 1 thing to change it would be to make the distance on the line distance tool 'live' from the first drop point.....measuring distance wherever you drag the crosshair before you drop the 2nd drop point.

Last edited:

Tod osier

WKR
I think you will find the two finger distance measure feature that we recently released to be very useful. (Right now it is only available on iOS devices, with Android coming soon.)

This video does a good job of explaining the tool and how to use it:

It would be useful if I used an apple product. I've already wasted time looking it up after I got an alert months ago describing this awesome feature that isn't available on my device. I have to say, you guys are pretty annoying with that sort of thing, both the alert of a new feature that you have to spend minutes and search that it isn't for your device AND the "are to really, really sure you dont' want to save this precious line that took .5 second to place?).

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I believe the issue with your crosshair being covered up is do to your display zoom being turned up too high. To remedy that Go to Settings > Display and Brightness > Display Zoom (at the very bottom of the page) > Default > Done.

I will certainly pass along your suggestion for flipping those two tabs to our design team here.

That’s exactly what it was - Thanks.
But unfortunately due to my vision I need the ol phone zoomed a bit.

I do think it would be a better consumer experience if the tabs were moved tho.

Let us know when that happens.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
The 2 finger distance measure is definitely an improvement for quick reference, but if I had to pick 1 thing to change it would be to make the distance on the line distance tool 'live' from the first drop point.....measuring distance wherever you drag the crosshair before you drop the 2nd drop point.
That is good feedback, I'll be sure to pass that along as well.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I dont have a two finger distance tab on mine is it elite only?

No.
I have Premium and have two finger distance

Select the 'Menu' [upper left]
Select 'Settings'

Scroll down to 'Enable Two Finger Distance Measure'

Turn ON

Randle

WKR
Thats where I went but its not there
Do i need an update?
I so how do I update without the message that pops up telling me there is an update?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Thats where I went but its not there
Do i need an update?
I so how do I update without the message that pops up telling me there is an update?

When I want to Force an update, I remove the app and then re-install, then login

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Hey folks, we've been getting some questions about the two finger line measurement tool for Android devices. It is still being worked on for Androids. I will reach out to our folks that are doing that work and see if they have a timeline for when they expect it to be ready to go for Android devices. i will post here when I hear back from them.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
@onX Hunt

Can I piggyback here and ask to be able to share pins via Airplay. So frustrating to be with a partner out of cell crevice and not be able to share waypoints. Airplay would fix that for all is Apple users.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
@onX Hunt

Can I piggyback here and ask to be able to share pins via Airplay. So frustrating to be with a partner out of cell crevice and not be able to share waypoints. Airplay would fix that for all is Apple users.
I will definitely pass that along to our Engineering team. I can definitely see the use for that when out in the field.