Hello from MN. Newer Western Hunter

Hello Rokslide group,

My name is Allen. I have gone to this forum as resource from time to time and decided I would like to become more involved. I live in central Minnesota with my wife and 13 children. My wife and I grew up in rural western Wisconsin. We still deer hunt there and some here in MN. My latest addition has been our trips to Colorado for the OTC elk. I love the land opportunities of the west and Colorado is one of the most welcoming states for NR hunters and especially youth. This fall and the last two have been spent in western Colorado during the third rifle. I have been assisting my kids on these hunts as our skills are lacking and learning can be had from 118 dollar tags just as well as 800 dollar ones.
The first trip out we found elk where I had scouted. We were not prepared for the physical challenge of getting after them. We found ourselves getting up earlier each day and putting less in our packs to get us through the day.
This last year was brutal with very little elk sign. I am not sure if it was the drought or lack of snow but they had not made it to where we found them the year before. Part of the fun is definitely the challenge. Looking forward to learning from the group.
God bless and keep trying.
Allen

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, Allen.

Eddie