Helene destroyed my hunting season

wagif704

FNG
Sorry to hear about this devastating story, hope you and your household are good? I pray for quick recovery of the deceased and other properties lost. Please stay safe dude

The damage this storm did is unfathomable. Even if you see it you can’t believe it.

I have a friend flying helicopters up there trying to rescue people. He said “If you asked me to describe what the end of the world would look like, it wouldn’t be as bad as this.”

There are thousands of people missing and hundreds already confirmed dead. Entire mountain communities simply no longer exist, they have washed away. Reports of up to 45” of rain in some areas of WNC. We may never know how high the rivers truly got as most of the flood gauges and equipment was destroyed.

And it’s a logistical nightmare trying to get help to people. I-40 is impassable from Old Fort to Black Mountain. I-40 has collapsed at the NC/TN line. Those of us coming from the east to try and help can only get about half way there. I have a friend who has set up at warehouse about 40 miles from Asheville and he is leap frogging supplies up the mountain and also using drones to drop supplies to places that vehicles can’t get to.

I have some friends I still haven’t heard from. I’m hoping they are safe and it’s just they don’t have cell service.