Heavy Bolt lift on Tikka 6.5

I have a tikka t3x (in a KRG bravo) 6.5cm shooting factory 147 eldm. I have 150-200 rounds down the gun and have not had one hiccup. Was shooting this weekend and the 3rd round in the mag (MDT 5rd poly mags) I had a really heavy bolt lift. I was shooting prone and had to break position and sit up to get the bolt to lift. And that continued for the next two rounds. Then switched mags and happened again the next two rounds. Switched to a new box and shot 3 or 4 no problem, then had a problem again. All but maybe 30 rounds has been in this stock, mags and ammo lot. I am no gun smith and don't reload, anyone got any ideas what may be happening here?

Curious how people that don’t clean would go about this. Or if cleaning the chamber out is the only option.

I have yet to develop a carbon ring in any of my guns. The only ones I clean regularly are my ARs, mainly due to the fact that I have some tighter tolerances in them and the actions won't run reliably when super dirty. I have never had the problem in any of my many bolt guns despite being over 200 rounds in on every one of them. That being said, I don't shoot any that are super over-bore, which is where I see carbon rings come up more often than not.

TaperPin

WKR
Curious how people that don’t clean would go about this. Or if cleaning the chamber out is the only option.
You could clean the carbon ring out, pressures could go back to normal, and the non cleaning crowd have literally told people in the past it’s a figment of their imagination and there is never a reason to clean any rifle. Lol

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
the non cleaning crowd have literally told people in the past it’s a figment of their imagination and there is never a reason to clean any rifle. Lol

Can you please quote the “non cleaning crowd” saying/writing that?

You don’t a case by making things up.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Ammo would be the first thing to look at

ETA: formidilosus beat me to it. Check the lots. Try different ammo. Could chrono the boxes giving you trouble too

Ucsdryder

WKR
I mean, @TaperPin has got a point. Don’t clean rifle, don’t clean suppressor, never a reason to do either. Has this philosophy changed? It’s been preached and parroted on here ad nauseam. I admit I stay away from a lot of those types of threads nowadays so maybe I’m wrong!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I mean, @TaperPin has got a point. Don’t clean rifle, don’t clean suppressor, never a reason to do either. Has this philosophy changed?

Regale us with your experience and what you have learned by not cleaning barrels or suppressors- how many different barrels, what cartridges, what were the true cone sizes, and how was the zero retention long term? Same for suppressors- how many have you not cleaned for an extended round count?

It’s been preached and parroted on here ad nauseam. I admit I stay away from a lot of those types of threads nowadays so maybe I’m wrong!

No one has-

“told people in the past it’s a figment of their imagination and there is never a reason to clean any rifle”