HBMD: Glassing for Big Mule Deer

Pumped whenever I see HBMD come up in my podcast feed, it's my favorite series! Good stuff, thanks Robby!

Wheels

WKR
Headed west next Tuesday, going to listen on the road.
Thanks for taking the time to make it.

venado mula

Lil-Rokslider
Robby! My "vampires" big buck language is rubbing off, lol. So true, glass into the sun! Glassing is still my least favorite, lol. Dude, scouting has been tough with the crazy weather, but the horses have been kicking butt riding through the nasties. No shooter spotted yet, but some potentials. Keep the stories coming. Oh, ya, I got those new panniers made of Iron Cloth, I'll PM you a pic. Big bucks rule!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby! My "vampires" big buck language is rubbing off, lol. So true, glass into the sun! Glassing is still my least favorite, lol. Dude, scouting has been tough with the crazy weather, but the horses have been kicking butt riding through the nasties. No shooter spotted yet, but some potentials. Keep the stories coming. Oh, ya, I got those new panniers made of Iron Cloth, I'll PM you a pic. Big bucks rule!
I heard vampire language back in the 90s from the muley crazy crew. you and me are way behind.

keep lookin in the nasties and i wanna see a buck in the new Iron Cloths!

Good stuff @robby denning! You mention the vision impaired folks being a bit more keyed in on what to notice... I actually have found some of the best glassers I know to be colorblind (know anything about that ;)). Again, I think it comes back to being very attentive to what the eye is picking up in the field of view, and not losing the tree in the bigger forest, so to speak.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff @robby denning! You mention the vision impaired folks being a bit more keyed in on what to notice... I actually have found some of the best glassers I know to be colorblind (know anything about that ;)). Again, I think it comes back to being very attentive to what the eye is picking up in the field of view, and not losing the tree in the bigger forest, so to speak.
yip, not sure how it works but it does! Thanks for the listen man!