Have you moved out of state?

Tradchef

WKR
Grew up in Vermont. Hated it. Politics, hunting all of it. Graduated culinary school and moved west. Haven’t been back in 34 years and could care less if I ever see it again. I miss some friends back there but that was it. Good place to grow up but you could see the writing on the wall back in the late 80s and. 90s

Fujicon

FNG
I moved around a lot growing up WA,GA,CA, HI (army brat) but ended up in the foothills of Colorado in middle school. Lived there until after high school and then moved to Northern California for school and stayed here ever since. Although I am not a fan on how CA is regulated, the geography of northern Ca is pretty great. I work as a commercial fisherman and love to hunt and this area lends well to that. Occasionally I still go back to Colorado for an elk or mule deer hunt.
I agree. California would be golden if it wasn't for all the people there...

applesauce4000

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never really had a problem with the winters, although the older I get and closer I get to retirement, I’m thinking that it would be nice to snowbird in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair enough. I'll join you ;) A nice warm Axis deer hunt and an evening surf... sounds pretty good to me!

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
Moved from my home state of WV to FL for a job, stayed there for 5 years, and just moved to UT for a transfer within the same company. Turns out the job here in UT is not what was advertised & so far I hate it. As much as I love the mountains & seasons, seriously considering moving back to FL once I satisfy my relocation requirements.

Why don’t you like UT?

Blandry

WKR
I LOVE UT, especially the northern part. SLC is a bit too warm for me after living at an elevation in CO. However, you start to miss the ocean being landlocked.

applesauce4000

Lil-Rokslider
I LOVE UT, especially the northern part. SLC is a bit too warm for me after living at an elevation in CO. However, you start to miss the ocean being landlocked.
I’m with you. I love the mountains but I do miss the ocean… a lot! Need to make an effort to get back to the water asap.

Sled

WKR
I moved to Utah 22 years ago from Louisiana. I was straight out of college and planned on a LEO job but got convinced by my uncle to take a year off and enjoy ski bumming. It was supposed to be one winter but I'm still here. There's more recreation out here than back home. The food was better in Louisiana and so was the hospitality of people. I don't miss the mosquitos.

I moved to Utah 22 years ago from Louisiana. I was straight out of college and planned on a LEO job but got convinced by my uncle to take a year off and enjoy ski bumming. It was supposed to be one winter but I'm still here. There's more recreation out here than back home. The food was better in Louisiana and so was the hospitality of people. I don't miss the mosquitos.
I have lived in Utah a couple times for a total of 19 years. The people in Utah are the biggest Aholes. Just jerks…worse than Cali. We moved to the south about 6 years ago and the people are amazing.

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
Why don’t you like UT?

Not really UT related, but my biggest issue is the job that I transferred to. Not what it was advertised as, and I haven't actually been able to do any work 7+ months in.

UT itself is beautiful, don't get me wrong. I moved here from FL and previously from WV, so adjusting to the lack of humidity has been quite the experience. Being originally from "The Mountain State", I thought I missed the mountains and all the things that are available that come with that, and I did. But to be honest, moving here has made me realize that being close to the water and having access to the beach within 10 minutes is really what I want.

UT is an awesome state that is centrally located to a TON of awesome outdoor recreation sites, but through moving out here, I've found the west just isn't for me. Different strokes.