Have you moved out of state?

Blandry

WKR
It's ironic how for some COVID destroyed work lives and for others it was the boon of a lifetime. I was lucky to be in the latter category.
I did all my homework and typically found a temporary place to live in my new state, which I've lived in six, and then COVID hit. It wasn't fun. The most challenging thing I've ever been through.

def90

WKR
I did all my homework and typically found a temporary place to live in my new state, which I've lived in six, and then COVID hit. It wasn't fun. The most challenging thing I've ever been through.

What industry are you in? Denver did pretty well through the shutdowns as long as you weren't in hospitality or retail. It's going to be a long time before downtown Denver ever comes back to what it was.

I work commercial construction and it was hot before covid but has exploded since.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Born in Co, lived here most of my life, went to college in Tx, Georgia for the army, few other states for army training, back to co springs with the army, currently pretty well rooted in my home state which is a shell of its former self. Co was amazing to grow up in the 90’s took a lot of it for granted. Not sure where the wife and I will end up. Maybe Northern AZ, she comes from a pioneer ranching family who settled near Prescott in 1870, still have a 700ish acres of original ranch. Or maybe move to Idaho/ Wyoming/ Montana. This wouldn’t be for a while since both our careers are pretty anchored here

VT>MO>TX>MO>MD>KS>WA>HI>TX.

After 20 years in my profession I'm tired of moving and if it wasn't for work I'd still be in HI. But, we're looking at another 3-4 moves and then settling down for good. The silver lining is that I've had the chance to hunt & fish all over and explore. The only con as I see it is I have to learn a new area and environment quickly, often against a steep learning curve. When I was a kid it was as easy as walking out the back door and hitting the woods and having deep familiarity. I would say that moving a lot has made me a better hunter for sure though.

Blandry

WKR
Curious how covid ruined your life?
I'm in government, but I was relocated for work in September 2019. COVID hit within 6 months of my move, and I was temporarily renting a room with roommates. I checked the home/rent prices here in the Denver area and found a nice home for rent in the $1800/mo range BEFORE covid. Those same homes went to $3k/mo post-COVID due to the eviction moratoriums, and home prices also increased 50%, so what I thought I could afford I could no longer afford. That's how it ruined my life. It hasn't been fun, but I plan to move to WY or NE next year, where it's still affordable.

I lived in interior Alaska for 31 years. Loved it. Free over the counter tags for sheep, caribou, moose, black bear, grizzlies, sitka blacktailed deer. Great cross country and backcountry skiing. We lived out of town in the boreal forest with an awesome view from our ridgetop home. Great waterfowl hunting until freeze up in October.
When I retired we moved to Montana as my true passion is bird hunting with one of my labs and I can hunt from Sept 1 to mid January.