Has your dog been injured?

Has your dog ever been injured and needed medical care by a vet?

• Total voters

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Had my pup rip the pads off his front feet from running on too sharp of rocks. Didn't need to take him to the vet, just wrapped them up and kept the Neosporin on them. I was amazed how he didn't even act fazed and just kept going then I noticed blood on the ground.

CMP70306

WKR
Southwest Idaho - we also call it cheatgrass. Terribly bad on some dogs - oddly, my two labs were running and playing in exactly the same area as the golden and never had an issue.

I avoid foxtail at all costs. We burn it on all the retriever ground up here. I wont run in a field with it

I’m just getting into having a bird dog here in PA and we have this stuff called green foxtail (Setaria viridis). We never really had it before but it’s been dry here the past few years and it started popping up. I heard cheatgrass was real bad but I’m not sure how bad this stuff is but it seems to be all over a bunch of the food plots on our property.

IMG_5388.jpegIMG_5389.jpeg

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
My lab got into with something on our property, thinking a fox or a coon, and got bit on the base of her tail. Ended up getting infected pretty bad and she almost lost her tail.

jcaud

FNG
I’ve got a cowboy corgi that’s somehow managed to break off all of his upper front teeth. He will be 6 this week 😐

jmez

WKR
I’m just getting into having a bird dog here in PA and we have this stuff called green foxtail (Setaria viridis). We never really had it before but it’s been dry here the past few years and it started popping up. I heard cheatgrass was real bad but I’m not sure how bad this stuff is but it seems to be all over a bunch of the food plots on our property.

View attachment 765295View attachment 765296
That stuff isn't a problem. What Kurt posted is bad news.

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
I moved some stuff around my basement when my lab was a puppy and didnt realize i left a 10" long fishing lure with 2 massive trebles on it in a box on the ground. He went snooping down there and picked it up and took it outside through the doggy door.

He came back in with the hook through his tongue and then the wife tried to wrestle him to get it out and he swiped his paw at it and got the second treble stuck through the webbing of his paw. He then ripped it back out. The wife then managed to pick him up and carry him to the vehicle and off to the vet. They couldnt cut the tips of the hooks off and the vet even called her husband in. They ended up sedating him and extracting it while he was out cold.

The wife got stuck a couple times and had some holes in her arm and side of her hand.

Ive had bird dogs most of my life the list makes up what 4 dogs have done in the last 8 years
snake bit by copperheads (several times by one dog couldnt break her of it)
Cut pads x 5-10 times (sometimes happening in the yard, think they jumped on the woven wire fence and get cut on the ends that are sharp)
Cut my fence in the woods from old homesteads x3-4
Stung in the face by my honey bees (everyone of them seem to have it done once and learn)
random puncher wounds x3
Had a pup poisoned by something in my yard maybe some mushrooms that popped up (yards fenced all neighbors love our dogs)
one out of no where decided she was going to attack the 4wheeler time as i was driving slowly out of the shop not slow enough to not run her over. she was had some road rash on her head and side otherwise fine.

TxLite

WKR
I’ve got a 90lb mutt that blew out each of his ACL’s (or whatever they are for a dog) a year apart when he was 5 and 6 while running around in the yard. First time was a mole hill, the second was due to the extra stress incurred on the ligament during recovery on the first. Surgery was expensive as hell and recovery time sucked. Luckily we were at the house and not in the field because he couldn’t walk.