Has anyone messed around with CHAT GPT? See any application for hunting?

Some one probably said the same thing what automobiles became common place.
Maybe so, but this is a very different path. I don’t see how this could be good… especially considering it’s created by humans with built in bias, though is mostly advertised as completely objective with no bias.

One simple question, what happens to all of the people AI eventually replaces in the work place? The jobs that AI can/likely will take over is extremely significant, and AI will work for free at all hours…. Then what?

WKR
Imagine for example, being able to replace your high paid civil engineer who works in a complex design software to design a highway. Instead, you’ve got an app on your iPad, you click a starting point and and ending point and tell it you want a 4 lane highway. The AI instantly spits out the perfectly designed road, taking into account best practices, local regs, historical weather, ground conditions, labor costs, etc etc etc etc etc. It will do it better than any human could, and it will do it instantly.
It'll replace more civil designers. I've already seen many replaced as programs have been written to do designers' jobs. I don't think it'll replace professional engineers. We'll still need someone to sign off on designs so there is someone to blame in a lawsuit when something goes wrong.

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR
Maybe so, but this is a very different path. I don’t see how this could be good… especially considering it’s created by humans with built in bias, though is mostly advertised as completely objective with no bias.

One simple question, what happens to all of the people AI eventually replaces in the work place? The jobs that AI can/likely will take over is extremely significant, and AI will work for free at all hours…. Then what?
In a perfect world no one would work and we would just do the things we wanted. But In reality the Corprate overlords will become richer and the working man will continue to have less means.

All hail the AI overlords!!!
The prophecy was written and so it shall be!!

In a perfect world no one would work and we would just do the things we wanted. But In reality the Corprate overlords will become richer and the working man will continue to have less means.

All hail the AI overlords!!!
The prophecy was written and so it shall be!!
The perfect world is a trick, we need purpose and meaning, we need to participate… look how bad depression and mental illness is now, take away purpose and it gets a lot worse. I just don’t see it being anything but destructive to society… look how much impact social media has had in a few short years… the timing of this is just crazy to me, hopefully I’m just being pessimistic because I don’t like change, but I see no way AI could benefit civilization… I can only see it benefiting few, and being destructive to the masses.

There is an ever growing segment of society that thinks we shouldn’t have to work and participate, which makes it feel that much more dangerous.

Gonna be pretty hard to draw tags if nobody is working, haha

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR
I asked it to write me a story

Once upon a time, in a not-too-distant future, there were two neighboring towns. One town was home to blue-collar workers, who worked in factories, construction sites, and other manual labor jobs. The other town was home to white-collar workers, who worked in offices, banks, and other professional jobs.

One day, both towns were hit with devastating news. A new wave of technology had arrived, and it was going to take over their jobs. Robots and artificial intelligence had become advanced enough to perform most of the tasks that the workers in both towns were doing.

At first, the blue-collar workers in the factory laughed it off, thinking that the robots could never replace their human skills. But soon, they saw the robots working faster, more efficiently, and without the need for breaks or paychecks. One by one, the factories closed down, and the workers were left without jobs.

Similarly, in the white-collar town, the AI started taking over the jobs of accountants, analysts, and other professionals. The algorithms were able to process data faster and more accurately than humans, and the companies started laying off workers.

Both towns were hit hard, and the people were left feeling lost and hopeless. The unemployment rate skyrocketed, and people started to turn on each other. The blue-collar workers resented the white-collar workers for being the ones who had pushed for automation in the first place, while the white-collar workers blamed the blue-collar workers for their own lack of education and skills.

As the economy spiraled downwards, crime and violence became rampant. The unemployed workers turned to theft and extortion, while the wealthy owners of the factories and companies retreated into their fortified estates, protected by private security forces.

The government was helpless to stop the chaos, as it was too busy protecting the interests of the wealthy elites. The people became disillusioned with the system and started to organize themselves, forming radical groups that called for revolution.

In the end, the people realized that they had been betrayed by the very system that had promised them prosperity and progress. The robots had taken their jobs, but it was the greed and callousness of the ruling class that had destroyed their lives. They had lost everything - their jobs, their homes, and their dignity. And they knew that they would have to fight for their survival, as there was no one left to protect them but themselves

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR
The perfect world is a trick, we need purpose and meaning, we need to participate… look how bad depression and mental illness is now, take away purpose and it gets a lot worse. I just don’t see it being anything but destructive to society… look how much impact social media has had in a few short years… the timing of this is just crazy to me, hopefully I’m just being pessimistic because I don’t like change, but I see no way AI could benefit civilization… I can only see it benefiting few, and being destructive to the masses.

There is an ever growing segment of society that thinks we shouldn’t have to work and participate, which makes it feel that much more dangerous.

I certainly see your perspective and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right. IMO you kind of have to play both sides since it’s a really powerful tool that could help you in the technical aspect of your job regardless of what it is.

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR

$2000 OTC tags

WKR
I just tried using Chat GPT, but it's overloaded. Looks like we put down that threat pretty quickly.

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR
I just tried using Chat GPT, but it's overloaded. Looks like we put down that threat pretty quickly.
I’ve used it quite a bit

Lots of people want to use it but I can confirm it’s very powerful

Terminator. When interconnected AI controls all the manufacturing and farming, and then decides it’s indifferent to the continued existence of our species, or that we are a threat to it… Terminator.

The good news is it may still need some humans to use as repair bots to keep the power plants and server farms running. Maybe. The important thing to know is where is the “off” switch?

elkyinzer

WKR
Been following it from a work context. Been hearing for years AI was going to "disrupt" my industry (CPA/accounting).

To date, I hadn't seen any tangible evidence that it would, quite the contrary actually. Intuit supposedly uses AI to streamline bookkeeping and admin tasks, and it absolutely blows at it. A couple other startups I've played around with and demoed supposedly used AI to help with different workflows and admin tasks, and so far I've found all of them to be more hassle than they were worth. The fintech startups have just blown up with claims of AI in the past few years, and 95% of it is pure garbage.

With ChatGPT, I have to admit I'm pretty impressed. It is remarkably good at summarizing fairly complex answers in plain English. I've tried to trick it factually, and it's tough. Reliability is pretty solid. I haven't played around with it for managing actual workflows yet, which I understand it to be somewhat capable of. But for streamlining research, it is very useful already. Things I used to google I now go straight to GPT for a lot of it (industry secret, CPAs google....a lot). In a "chat-bot" type context, I think its capabilities already should be replacing humans. It absolutely blows away any previous AI that I've seen used in that context.

I could absolutely see it being useful for hunting research. I haven't played with it in that context yet, but I'll get to it. Regs, public access, draw research, based on what I've seen so far it should be useful, if used properly. As if we need that stuff to get any easier.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
One story on Chat GPT was a bit disturbing.

It seems some asked it, “ here is $1,000, make me some money”

Chat chose to set up a online business but when doing so it couldn’t finish setup,it couldnt get past the CAPTCHCA.

So it went to Task Rabbit to hire someone to get past the CAPTCHA screen. The person questioned the task, “Is this for a robot?” Chat replied, “ No I’m blind so I can’t complere the Captchca.

Interesting that Chat realized it had to lie to humans to get what it wanted….

ODB

WKR

We agree.

We are, in essence, still hairless apes, no matter what modernity or “progress” wants to tell us.

Given that, we knew exactly what our purpose was pre-modernity - it was to survive, period. Since we have made surviving so easy, we have struggled to replace that impetus to survive with less and less meaningful things - typically material - in the hopes it will fill the hole left by loss of purpose. None of them work - ever, with the possible exception of helping others. Human Nature is fixed and until we understand who we are once everything we have distracted ourselves with is stripped away, we will continue to spiral into oblivion.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just typed in "write a hunting story about shooting a record bull elk" and it spit out this:
It was early fall, and the leaves were starting to change colors. I had been planning for months for this hunting trip in the mountains of Colorado. My goal was to shoot a record bull elk, something I had been dreaming of for years.

I woke up before the sun had even risen and made my way to the trailhead. As I hiked up the mountain, the anticipation grew with every step. I had studied the area extensively and knew exactly where I wanted to set up my stand.

Once I reached my spot, I settled in and waited. The forest was silent except for the occasional bird chirping in the distance. Hours passed without any sign of elk, but I remained patient. I knew that the best time to hunt was during the morning and evening, so I waited until the sun started to set before I heard the first sound of an elk bugling in the distance.

I quickly grabbed my rifle and got into position. My heart was pounding as I peered through the scope, searching for the bull elk. Then, suddenly, I saw him – a massive bull elk with an impressive set of antlers. I took a deep breath and aimed for his heart.

As I pulled the trigger, the sound echoed throughout the forest. The bull elk fell to the ground with a thud, and I knew that I had hit my mark. I approached him cautiously, making sure he was dead before I approached.

The bull elk was massive, the biggest I had ever seen. I took a moment to appreciate the beauty of this magnificent animal. I knew that I had accomplished something great, something that few hunters get to experience.

After taking some photos and field dressing the elk, I packed up my gear and started the long hike back to my truck. The sun had set, and the stars were shining bright. It was a perfect ending to an unforgettable day.

The next day, I had the elk scored, and to my amazement, it was indeed a record bull elk. It was a moment I would never forget, and I felt proud of myself for having achieved something so significant. Hunting is not just about the kill, it's about the experience and the memories that last a lifetime.
They all come out about the same, we played with a ton of short hunting stories....Fun

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I've been using chat GPT quite a bit at work. Its helped me do everything from data analysis to automate tedious tasks. Has anyone here used it for anything? Do you see any hunting related uses for it? I'll probably use it to compare and contrast equipment that im looking at buying. ill also probably use it to calculate draw odds and things like that.
No. It is a program designed to predict what you want to hear, not designed to give reliable information. It is a magic trick at the moment, but with improvement and training could be a powerful tool.

It also fails in my field (medicine). https://cardiovascularbusiness.com/...pular-ai-model-chatgpt-answer-questions-about

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I am still sore about having to pay $925 to get my relatively simple taxes done (wages plus one side business) so am hoping AI will automate our taxes. Perhaps it will even replace all those new IRS agents people are upset about!

gabenzeke

WKR
I am still sore about having to pay $925 to get my relatively simple taxes done (wages plus one side business) so am hoping AI will automate our taxes. Perhaps it will even replace all those new IRS agents people are upset about!
If the govt is good at anything, it is at being inefficient. No way does this happen for a long while.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk