Has anyone messed around with CHAT GPT? See any application for hunting?

Maverick1

WKR
I've been using chat GPT quite a bit at work. Its helped me do everything from data analysis to automate tedious tasks. Has anyone here used it for anything? Do you see any hunting related uses for it? I'll probably use it to compare and contrast equipment that im looking at buying. ill also probably use it to calculate draw odds and things like that.
Ask it for honey holes. Please post the reply.

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR
Ask it for honey holes. Please post the reply.
what is the best elk unit in colorado?

It's difficult to determine the "best" elk unit in Colorado as this can depend on several factors such as hunting pressure, weather conditions, and personal preferences. Each unit has its own unique characteristics and can offer different hunting opportunities.
However, some of the top units for elk hunting in Colorado include:
  • Units 2 and 201: Located in the northwestern part of the state, these units are known for their large elk herds and trophy bulls.
  • Unit 61: Located in southwestern Colorado, this unit is known for its high success rates and trophy bulls.
  • Units 40, 44, and 45: Located in central Colorado, these units have a good population of elk and offer a mix of public and private land hunting opportunities.
  • Units 76 and 79: Located in southern Colorado, these units are known for their rugged terrain and offer a challenging hunt for trophy bulls.
It's important to note that each unit has its own set of regulations and restrictions, and hunters should check with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife department for specific rules and regulations before planning their hunt. Additionally, hunters should always prioritize safety and ethical hunting practices while in the field.

Maverick1

WKR
what is the best elk unit in colorado?

It's difficult to determine the "best" elk unit in Colorado as this can depend on several factors such as hunting pressure, weather conditions, and personal preferences. Each unit has its own unique characteristics and can offer different hunting opportunities.
However, some of the top units for elk hunting in Colorado include:
  • Units 2 and 201: Located in the northwestern part of the state, these units are known for their large elk herds and trophy bulls.
  • Unit 61: Located in southwestern Colorado, this unit is known for its high success rates and trophy bulls.
  • Units 40, 44, and 45: Located in central Colorado, these units have a good population of elk and offer a mix of public and private land hunting opportunities.
  • Units 76 and 79: Located in southern Colorado, these units are known for their rugged terrain and offer a challenging hunt for trophy bulls.
It's important to note that each unit has its own set of regulations and restrictions, and hunters should check with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife department for specific rules and regulations before planning their hunt. Additionally, hunters should always prioritize safety and ethical hunting practices while in the field.
Dang it, this thing is going to ruin hunting. All my best spots were just listed. LOL.

dplumlee12

Lil-Rokslider
I manage a team of engineers that provide highly complex technical support for GPS guidance systems. I can tell you, we’ve been talking about chat gpt a lot. The underlying technology is going to certainly change what I do for a living, and probably a lot faster than most people realize. I think in the next 5 years, these types of AI will be incorporated in most aspects of our lives. I just think the wave of this technology is going to move at a pace we’ve not really seen before. As people train these AI engines on very specific and targeted areas, they exponentially grow and learn, and become multitudes more advanced than any human. Imagine for example, being able to replace your high paid civil engineer who works in a complex design software to design a highway. Instead, you’ve got an app on your iPad, you click a starting point and and ending point and tell it you want a 4 lane highway. The AI instantly spits out the perfectly designed road, taking into account best practices, local regs, historical weather, ground conditions, labor costs, etc etc etc etc etc. It will do it better than any human could, and it will do it instantly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scary actually... what are all the higher educated going to do???

Can it provide a convincing argument to miss an inlaws wedding and go hunting?
Why it's important to go hunting the entire month of September?

What is anyone going to do? I am glad I am not any younger though, I would like to go back 30 years for this Sept as I am bow hunting 61.

Scary actually... what are all the higher educated going to do???
Build and fix AI when it ultimately fails, cause it will. I have a brother in law who loves all things "Smart", even has a dishwasher hooked up to WiFi. His stuff is broken more than it works. Not the mechanicals of the thing but the "smart" features run by microchips, software, and circuit boards. Modern vehicles with all their chips have tons of glitches. They are about as reliable as the weatherman.

The educated will be building, designing, and then fixing all this garbage.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I gave Chat GPT a simple prompt about a deer hunt in Kansas based on my experience last fall, here's the reply.

In the heart of rural Kansas, November arrives with a crisp chill in the air, signaling the much-anticipated deer hunting season. As a recreational hunter and professional writer, I eagerly prepare for a thrilling adventure in the picturesque farm country, where open fields and timbered draws create the perfect habitat for the majestic whitetail deer.

The landscape, painted in hues of amber and gold, stretches far and wide, providing ample opportunity to spot these elusive creatures. With my gear ready and excitement mounting, I set out before dawn, seeking the perfect vantage point amidst the undulating terrain.

The first rays of the sun peek over the horizon, casting long shadows across the frost-kissed grass. The world seems to hold its breath as I settle into a well-camouflaged tree stand nestled at the edge of a timbered draw. The gentle breeze carries the earthy scent of fallen leaves, heightening my senses as I wait patiently for the deer to emerge from their shelter.

In the distance, a chorus of geese honks overhead, and a red-tailed hawk soars gracefully, surveying the surroundings. Time seems to slow as I immerse myself in the tranquility of the countryside, attuned to every rustle and snap that echoes through the timber.

As the sun climbs higher, the fields come alive with activity. A group of playful squirrels chase each other around the base of the tree, momentarily distracting me from my primary goal. However, I remain focused, knowing that the deer could emerge at any moment.

Then, I catch a glimpse of movement at the far end of an open field. My heart quickens as a magnificent whitetail buck steps into view, antlers proudly reaching towards the sky. He's a true embodiment of grace and strength, and I feel a deep appreciation for the natural beauty of these creatures.

The buck cautiously moves towards the timber, aware of his surroundings and attuned to any potential danger. My pulse races as I steady my rifle, aiming carefully and taking a deep breath to steady my nerves. The moment feels both surreal and exhilarating, knowing that a successful shot depends on skill, precision, and respect for the animal.

With a whisper of gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of this ancient tradition, I gently squeeze the trigger. The shot rings out, echoing through the countryside, and the buck leaps into the air before disappearing into the timber. Adrenaline courses through my veins as I wait for a few tense moments.

Finally, I make my way towards the spot where the buck stood. There, lying majestically amongst the fallen leaves, is the large whitetail deer I harvested. A mix of emotions wash over me — pride, humility, and a profound sense of connection to the land and the animals that call it home.

As a recreational hunter and writer, I understand the responsibility that comes with hunting. It's about more than just harvesting a trophy; it's about cherishing the natural world, preserving traditions, and maintaining a delicate balance between man and nature. With a heart full of gratitude, I pay my respects to the deer, expressing my thanks for the sustenance it will provide.

This Kansas deer hunt in farm country in November will forever be etched in my memory, a reminder of the beauty of the outdoors, the thrill of the hunt, and the significance of preserving our natural heritage for generations to come.

rclouse79

WKR
There seems to be quite a few posts about how to be one of the ten percent to fill an elk tag most years. Sadly, maybe it is time to transition to posts about being one of the ten percent who can do their job better than A.I.IMG_0518.png

Yoder

WKR
I don't use AI at all. I'm hoping if I don't force it to work for free, maybe it won't kill me when it takes over the planet.

Is AI limited to the quality of it's inputs? For example, can AI make it's own hypotheses and then test them? I guess I understand it as limited to what's already in the public domain. Sure it can search and analyze and organize data that's already out there, but can it create new data?

Like what if you were to ask it something like: what is a currently held scientific conclusion that is actually incorrect?

Poser

WKR
I don't use AI at all. I'm hoping if I don't force it to work for free, maybe it won't kill me when it takes over the planet.

If you have a smartphone, then you are likely using AI and AI almost certainly using you.

It’s not difficult to make the case that human/AI integration has already happened given the widespread and extensive use of smartphones.