Has anyone messed around with CHAT GPT? See any application for hunting?

Loo.wii

WKR
I've been using chat GPT quite a bit at work. Its helped me do everything from data analysis to automate tedious tasks. Has anyone here used it for anything? Do you see any hunting related uses for it? I'll probably use it to compare and contrast equipment that im looking at buying. ill also probably use it to calculate draw odds and things like that.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I already tried asking it for best-value states for elk/sheep/deer but it only spits out generic answers. GoHunt and Newberg are way ahead of ChatGPT (for now)

JjamesIII

WKR
I've been using chat GPT quite a bit at work. Its helped me do everything from data analysis to automate tedious tasks. Has anyone here used it for anything? Do you see any hunting related uses for it? I'll probably use it to compare and contrast equipment that im looking at buying. ill also probably use it to calculate draw odds and things like that.
I like it, never considered it. Go hunt analytics might be in trouble- lol

Titan_Bow

WKR
I just typed in "write a hunting story about shooting a record bull elk" and it spit out this:
It was early fall, and the leaves were starting to change colors. I had been planning for months for this hunting trip in the mountains of Colorado. My goal was to shoot a record bull elk, something I had been dreaming of for years.

I woke up before the sun had even risen and made my way to the trailhead. As I hiked up the mountain, the anticipation grew with every step. I had studied the area extensively and knew exactly where I wanted to set up my stand.

Once I reached my spot, I settled in and waited. The forest was silent except for the occasional bird chirping in the distance. Hours passed without any sign of elk, but I remained patient. I knew that the best time to hunt was during the morning and evening, so I waited until the sun started to set before I heard the first sound of an elk bugling in the distance.

I quickly grabbed my rifle and got into position. My heart was pounding as I peered through the scope, searching for the bull elk. Then, suddenly, I saw him – a massive bull elk with an impressive set of antlers. I took a deep breath and aimed for his heart.

As I pulled the trigger, the sound echoed throughout the forest. The bull elk fell to the ground with a thud, and I knew that I had hit my mark. I approached him cautiously, making sure he was dead before I approached.

The bull elk was massive, the biggest I had ever seen. I took a moment to appreciate the beauty of this magnificent animal. I knew that I had accomplished something great, something that few hunters get to experience.

After taking some photos and field dressing the elk, I packed up my gear and started the long hike back to my truck. The sun had set, and the stars were shining bright. It was a perfect ending to an unforgettable day.

The next day, I had the elk scored, and to my amazement, it was indeed a record bull elk. It was a moment I would never forget, and I felt proud of myself for having achieved something so significant. Hunting is not just about the kill, it's about the experience and the memories that last a lifetime.

JjamesIII

WKR
I just typed in "write a hunting story about shooting a record bull elk" and it spit out this:
It was early fall, and the leaves were starting to change colors. I had been planning for months for this hunting trip in the mountains of Colorado. My goal was to shoot a record bull elk, something I had been dreaming of for years.

I woke up before the sun had even risen and made my way to the trailhead. As I hiked up the mountain, the anticipation grew with every step. I had studied the area extensively and knew exactly where I wanted to set up my stand.

Once I reached my spot, I settled in and waited. The forest was silent except for the occasional bird chirping in the distance. Hours passed without any sign of elk, but I remained patient. I knew that the best time to hunt was during the morning and evening, so I waited until the sun started to set before I heard the first sound of an elk bugling in the distance.

I quickly grabbed my rifle and got into position. My heart was pounding as I peered through the scope, searching for the bull elk. Then, suddenly, I saw him – a massive bull elk with an impressive set of antlers. I took a deep breath and aimed for his heart.

As I pulled the trigger, the sound echoed throughout the forest. The bull elk fell to the ground with a thud, and I knew that I had hit my mark. I approached him cautiously, making sure he was dead before I approached.

The bull elk was massive, the biggest I had ever seen. I took a moment to appreciate the beauty of this magnificent animal. I knew that I had accomplished something great, something that few hunters get to experience.

After taking some photos and field dressing the elk, I packed up my gear and started the long hike back to my truck. The sun had set, and the stars were shining bright. It was a perfect ending to an unforgettable day.

The next day, I had the elk scored, and to my amazement, it was indeed a record bull elk. It was a moment I would never forget, and I felt proud of myself for having achieved something so significant. Hunting is not just about the kill, it's about the experience and the memories that last a lifetime.
Ask it what the grid coordinates of this record elk was, the story would sound a lot more interesting to the reader. 👍🏻

ODB

WKR

It apparently has the script for just about all modern hunting shows.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I manage a team of engineers that provide highly complex technical support for GPS guidance systems. I can tell you, we’ve been talking about chat gpt a lot. The underlying technology is going to certainly change what I do for a living, and probably a lot faster than most people realize. I think in the next 5 years, these types of AI will be incorporated in most aspects of our lives. I just think the wave of this technology is going to move at a pace we’ve not really seen before. As people train these AI engines on very specific and targeted areas, they exponentially grow and learn, and become multitudes more advanced than any human. Imagine for example, being able to replace your high paid civil engineer who works in a complex design software to design a highway. Instead, you’ve got an app on your iPad, you click a starting point and and ending point and tell it you want a 4 lane highway. The AI instantly spits out the perfectly designed road, taking into account best practices, local regs, historical weather, ground conditions, labor costs, etc etc etc etc etc. It will do it better than any human could, and it will do it instantly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I manage a team of engineers that provide highly complex technical support for GPS guidance systems. I can tell you, we’ve been talking about chat gpt a lot. The underlying technology is going to certainly change what I do for a living, and probably a lot faster than most people realize. I think in the next 5 years, these types of AI will be incorporated in most aspects of our lives. I just think the wave of this technology is going to move at a pace we’ve not really seen before. As people train these AI engines on very specific and targeted areas, they exponentially grow and learn, and become multitudes more advanced than any human. Imagine for example, being able to replace your high paid civil engineer who works in a complex design software to design a highway. Instead, you’ve got an app on your iPad, you click a starting point and and ending point and tell it you want a 4 lane highway. The AI instantly spits out the perfectly designed road, taking into account best practices, local regs, historical weather, ground conditions, labor costs, etc etc etc etc etc. It will do it better than any human could, and it will do it instantly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do wonder how many jobs exist today that will be wholly or significantly replaced as this stuff evolves.

I remember around the time I was in high school or college they were saying get a job that uses your mind because robots will replace manual tasks. Well, how many lawyers won’t be needed once contracts, wills, etc. can be generated? Will people using an app be able to self diagnose medical better than a physician? Will architects be necessary for anything but the most creative and original design elements?

I struggle to picture what employment might look like on a macro scale in 10-20 years as job functions are made obsolete. Historically speaking, we have never put ourselves out of jobs on a mass scale with technology for sustained periods of time. The world adjusted and corrected and new types of jobs were created. I just can’t think what new jobs might come from this or will we actually not have enough?…

P Carter

WKR
I’m a lawyer and was quite bummed that chatgpt kept getting tough research issues wrong. Very close to right, but ultimately wrong. And the difficult thing is, I wouldn’t know it was wrong if I hadn’t already done the work.

It’s impressive, though, on easy research questions. And it’ll get better on the hard ones.

It definitely has the power to vastly increase efficiency in the legal field. It can draft a workable simple contract at the drop of a hat. Which is ultimately a good thing and, like everything else, those that harness the increased efficiency are going to do well. Those that don’t will be replaced. You only have to fear if you are currently being overcompensated for something that can be done better by a computer anyway…

jimh406

WKR
Unless it changes, it's very left leaning, so I think it would likely be better at planning anti-hunting tactics than hunting. We'll see how it changes.

and, like everything else, those that harness the increased efficiency are going to do well. Those that don’t will be replaced. You only have to fear if you are currently being overcompensated for something that can be done better by a computer anyway…

Very true. This is going to be the digital camera vs Kodak or a Netflix to Blockbuster industry or Excel for accountants game changer except it is going to change basically every profession and industry, not just one or two.

Learn how to “drive” it or get passed by.

…can’t I just hunt, fish, and buy gear for a living lol?

It makes me want to move further out of town and avoid people even more… I’m surprised it’s being generally embraced as a good thing, the consequences scare me pretty bad on what it means for the future of society, that’s not on a pretty trajectory as it is.

I can’t think of a scenario in history when the easy button was the best option, and this easy button could carry some pretty heavy impacts to life as we know it

I guess what I’m saying is I don’t trust it even a little, I can’t see it being a good thing.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
I am always a little slow to adopt new technologies but it has changed the way I hunt today (Google Earth, OnX, In Reach, etc). I am sure people will find useful applications for AI in hunting as well, but I will be late to the show.

OP
Loo.wii

Loo.wii

WKR
It makes me want to move further out of town and avoid people even more… I’m surprised it’s being generally embraced as a good thing, the consequences scare me pretty bad on what it means for the future of society, that’s not on a pretty trajectory as it is.

I can’t think of a scenario in history when the easy button was the best option, and this easy button could carry some pretty heavy impacts to life as we know it

I guess what I’m saying is I don’t trust it even a little, I can’t see it being a good thing.
Some one probably said the same thing what automobiles became common place.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord