Has Anybody Else Noticed a Scarcity of Hunting Videos on YouTube Lately?

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
I've noticed this over the last month or 2. I know Gritty in August was talking about releasing hunting videos leading up to and through the hunting season this year, every Sunday. His last one was over a month ago, which is not typical. I've noticed a reduction of hunting videos from almost all the channels I follow on Youtube lately as well. I have seen some pop up here and there, but it seems like a serious lack of these videos compared to what I've been used to over the last few years on Youtube.

I saw it posted by someone I follow and trust on Instagram that YT is coming after hunting content. I then checked into it a bit and found this video from a somewhat prominent Youtube creator in the hunting / outdoor space addressing this, saying that YT sent him and several other outdoor creators an email telling them that their videos will no longer be monetized because they do not meet their guidelines. Video here -

I'm not familiar with this guy or his channel, but he doesn't seem to be posting violent, or gory hunting videos. If it's true that YT is doing this, it seems a really disgusting over reach, and that it could potentially have sinister motivations behind it. I can't imagine any above board reasons they would have for doing this.

Anyway...I thought I would put it out there to see if anybody else has any insights into this or have seen the same thing happen on their end. Hopefully, there is some explanation for it.

TheTone

WKR
I've noticed this over the last month or 2. I know Gritty in August was talking about releasing hunting videos leading up to and through the hunting season this year, every Sunday. His last one was over a month ago, which is not typical. I've noticed a reduction of hunting videos from almost all the channels I follow on Youtube lately as well. I have seen some pop up here and there, but it seems like a serious lack of these videos compared to what I've been used to over the last few years on Youtube.

I saw it posted by someone I follow and trust on Instagram that YT is coming after hunting content. I then checked into it a bit and found this video from a somewhat prominent Youtube creator in the hunting / outdoor space addressing this, saying that YT sent him and several other outdoor creators an email telling them that their videos will no longer be monetized because they do not meet their guidelines. Video here -

I'm not familiar with this guy or his channel, but he doesn't seem to be posting violent, or gory hunting videos. If it's true that YT is doing this, it seems a really disgusting over reach, and that it could potentially have sinister motivations behind it. I can't imagine any above board reasons they would have for doing this.

Anyway...I thought I would put it out there to see if anybody else has any insights into this or have seen the same thing happen on their end. Hopefully, there is some explanation for it.
I’m guessing gritty is wondering how to make a comeback after admitting his idaho wolf was illegal. I’d be fine if he never comes back and grabs himself a desk job somewhere

KurtR

WKR
As long as you check the right boxes they still get paid. One of the waterfowl guys had a video about it the other day. I like watching some of the waterfowl videos to pass time to see the dog work and different decoy spreads.

I get that some people don’t like the YTers that make money hunting. But I think it’s bullshit that yt can do this. As far as I’m concerned, yt has a monopoly. This censorship is bullshit. Demonetization is a form of censorship, IMO.

I don't understand the censorship claim.. So if you create a company that is the best at what it does, you should be required to make sure you represent all interests equally regardless of if you are opposed to them?gulag.jpg

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
If it's true that YT is doing this, it seems a really disgusting over reach, and that it could potentially have sinister motivations behind it. I can't imagine any above board reasons they would have for doing this.

YouTube is a private company and can censor who, what, and when they want.

Just like WE ALL DO in our own private spaces.

jlh42581

WKR
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sound like you are bout to catch a stroke with both hands, might need to ask for some extra strength ones next time you see your Doc.

Just tired of this bullshit narrative from every walk of life. Someone is always complaining that someone else is oppressing or censoring them.

Facebook is hiding conservative thoughts.... wah
The vaccine is an assault on my rights.... wah
Youtube wont pay me to kill deer ... wah
My kid isnt vaccinated but has to wear a mask... wah
Im gay and no one will bow at my feet ... wah
I dont eat meat so you cant either... wah

Its just old and getting it here from people who are supposed to be for capitalism is just bonkers