Hand Me Down Elk Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If small bulls are around cows are around and so where there are cows you will get the big bulls

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
Real a#$hole move posting something like that in a trophy unit someone could not check the regs and go in there and get in trouble that tag only takes about 20 preference points as a resident

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
222709d0b53f9c065a86454e6b927f06.jpg

Jon Boy

WKR
Real a#$hole move posting something like that in a trophy unit someone could not check the regs and go in there and get in trouble that tag only takes about 20 preference points as a resident

That would be there own fault for being a dumbass and not checking the regs...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
I 100% agree but still why do that he obviously hasn't hunted it

That would be there own fault for being a dumbass and not checking the regs...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Not to mention the fact, if someone posted a map with an X marking a "hunting spot" on the internet, you'd have to be a real dolt to think something wasn't fishy.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

So it would be a real a#$hole move to post a spot in the middle of Yellowstone Park as well? At some point people these days need to start taking responsibility for themselves and their OWN actions and not blaming someone else for their stupidity.

OP
T
Might have resolved this with a trade. Another Rocslider has an Idaho hotspot and I could use a backup plan for over there and he could use a good starting spot in Montana. Who knows...he might produced the herd bull in my area that I havnt been able to get.

JP100

WKR
So far the area hasn't produced a big bull sighting...just a few beginners bulls. Better than not seeing anything... good spot to get your feet wet

I'm wanting to at least see an occasional monster.
So it's not a hot spot? I hunted a guys 'hot spot' last year and there was like 50 other hunters there. Not many secrets spots in the world

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OP
T
During the week there I pretty much have the place to myself. Herd bull was right on top of the hill bulging his head off as I was breaking my bull down this past September... I just didn't see him. Say a track 8 inches across there 3 years ago. Had to be a monster. It has produced 100% success for me. Average getting a shot every 6 5 days. Not bad for otc

JP100

WKR
During the week there I pretty much have the place to myself. Herd bull was right on top of the hill bulging his head off as I was breaking my bull down this past September... I just didn't see him. Say a track 8 inches across there 3 years ago. Had to be a monster. It has produced 100% success for me. Average getting a shot every 6 5 days. Not bad for otc
Better than the spot I went to then. We saw some nice Bulls for otc but was very high pressure. I can't complain I had my chances

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

D_Eightch

WKR
Leave it up to the next guy to figure out.

There's something inside me that has a hard time giving away my little secrets, even on my spots for our white tail drives. I feel like there is much more to be had by figuring it out by yourself vs just being told how to do it.
Don't rob somebody of that feeling.

Just my 2 cents...

dpat

FNG
TBM,
If memory serves me correct you had some very nice people on another site put you on that area a couple years ago. They just about put a pin on the place to go and told you spots to camp.
They went above and beyond in helping you and got no thanks from you at all just you telling them you could have done it anyway.
You are just a real classy guy aren't you.

OP
T
There were shiny clump droppings the size of a coffee cup too Bitterroot...I backed out thinking it was a moose. Dpat that is not correct. They didn't want to believe I didn't have help, but I located this spot in my own. Someone wanted to help but without GPS coordinates didn't mean anything.

You have to realize that most didn't believe I could just drive out there, stop somewhere, locate elk and kill one..Some still don't believe. Found a spot in Idaho the same way. I say this to encourage others.

Status
Not open for further replies.