Hamskea Rest

That guide doesn't matter. it's a nice to have, but in the end as long as the arrow is on the launcher arm on a properly set up bow, it will fall into the groove. Not only nock pinch but make sure all your nock tensions are similar. Number your arrows and see if it is the same one or maybe a couple and look at what is different with those arrows. All that said, there is some element that points to classic nock pinch, or nock tension. I have nocks that are the exact same except for the color, and they fly differently, believe it or not. They do make nocks with different throat sizes also so make sure they are all the same from the same batch.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I do have plenty of room there I have checked that's why I'm thinking it's just hanging up when I don't start straight, and I realized it doesn't have the guide on the riser to hold the arrow in the center where it should be. Sorry for wasting your time, and I won't ask anymore questions here. It's ok

Thanks to the folks who were willing to help though!

Just wanted to make sure you're aware that you can have nock pinch AFTER you draw back but it seems okay before that. Nock to string fit can be ideal when you check it on the string before drawing, but then the d-loop can pinch the outsides of the nock when you draw back. This is why many have started using soft nocks inside the d-loop. Just something to make sure isn't happening also.
I have an arrow guide/holder on the shelf of my bow that I have a Hamskea on, I had to trim it down to keep from having fletching contact with it. So, that can be another issues that might be created if you add one.
The Vapor Trail holder holds the arrow really well, but so well that the arrow nock can unseat if you try to draw with the arrow fully snapped into the holder still. Limbsaver makes one (a "shag pad" comes with it) that I prefer to use. The height of it does need trimmed down some for better fletching clearance. It holds an arrow until the bow is tilted to 75° or so.

As far as the arrow catching on a part of the felt, that's very possible. I have gone away from using felt or moleskin on a launcher, instead I started using UHMW tape I buy off Amazon. It is fairly slick, sticks on the launcher well if you first clean the launcher with 91% alcohol, and it takes forever to wear it down. I get it in 1/2" wide and 3 mil thickness. It is around $10 bucks for a 6' roll of it.

sndmn11

WKR
I do have plenty of room there I have checked that's why I'm thinking it's just hanging up when I don't start straight, and I realized it doesn't have the guide on the riser to hold the arrow in the center where it should be. Sorry for wasting your time, and I won't ask anymore questions here. It's ok

Thanks to the folks who were willing to help though!

Remove the felt then and see if things still defy gravity.

However, nock pinch is your culprit.

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
Once you have the knock issue figured out, can you add a rest on the shelf to help the arrow start centered? Mine has one on the rest and one on the shelf. IMG_5941.jpeg

OP
mnhoundman

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to make sure you're aware that you can have nock pinch AFTER you draw back but it seems okay before that. Nock to string fit can be ideal when you check it on the string before drawing, but then the d-loop can pinch the outsides of the nock when you draw back. This is why many have started using soft nocks inside the d-loop. Just something to make sure isn't happening also.
I have an arrow guide/holder on the shelf of my bow that I have a Hamskea on, I had to trim it down to keep from having fletching contact with it. So, that can be another issues that might be created if you add one.
The Vapor Trail holder holds the arrow really well, but so well that the arrow nock can unseat if you try to draw with the arrow fully snapped into the holder still. Limbsaver makes one (a "shag pad" comes with it) that I prefer to use. The height of it does need trimmed down some for better fletching clearance. It holds an arrow until the bow is tilted to 75° or so.

As far as the arrow catching on a part of the felt, that's very possible. I have gone away from using felt or moleskin on a launcher, instead I started using UHMW tape I buy off Amazon. It is fairly slick, sticks on the launcher well if you first clean the launcher with 91% alcohol, and it takes forever to wear it down. I get it in 1/2" wide and 3 mil thickness. It is around $10 bucks for a 6' roll of it.

Thanks! I probably have a good 1/16" or so top and bottom of nock if centered. Maybe not enough. I'll have to have someone take a peak at it.

Luked

WKR
If your arrow is moving around on the draw you got nock pinch.
Do you run a Dloop? I would suggest a small bit of serving above and below the nock on the string then the Dloop material above and below that serving.
That will probably cure your nock pinch.
Has nothing to do with the rest.

ATL

FNG
To ensure downward pressure on the shaft at the nock end, I serve a nock point on the bottom only. The bottom knot of the loop attaches below the tied in nock point, the top knot attaches to the string above the arrow nock. If it developed nock pinch, it always applies slight downward pressure to the arrow, centering the shaft on the Hamskea rest. Been doing it this way for 20+ years with no isssues. Recent four arrow group at 65 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 2