Gunwerks going into receivership

I hate to see stuff like this. Whether you like them or not, they lived the American Dream for the better part of the last decade selling $10k rifles.

They were also some of the donors who helped put bighorn sheep back on Antelope Island in Utah. That couldn't have been cheap and shows that the company cares about conservation.

I hope they come out of this and can keep producing a great product.

CorbLand

WKR
I hate to see stuff like this. Whether you like them or not, they lived the American Dream for the better part of the last decade selling $10k rifles.

They were also some of the donors who helped put bighorn sheep back on Antelope Island in Utah. That couldn't have been cheap and shows that the company cares about conservation.

I hope they come out of this and can keep producing a great product.
If what WF is claiming is true. They werent living the American dream. Unless the American dream is taking out loans, then not paying it back. Thats like taking out a loan for a million dollar house, not paying the monthly fee and then when you get kicked out, saying I was living the American dream.

PMcGee

WKR
If what WF is claiming is true. They werent living the American dream. Unless the American dream is taking out loans, then not paying it back. Thats like taking out a loan for a million dollar house, not paying the monthly fee and then when you get kicked out, saying I was living the American dream.

Unfortunately a lot of people live that way these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FURMAN

WKR
Maybe WF is correct(doubt it, they are antis and this sounds like a stunt BOA pulled years ago) maybe they are not but I have to say I am once again embarrassed as can be to be a human. One key differentiator between the USA and almost every other country on the planet is the principle of innocent until proven guilty and I see both sides of the political isle seem to have forgotten this in the last decade or so. Shameful... carry on keyboard ninjas.

Maybe WF is correct(doubt it, they are antis and this sounds like a stunt BOA pulled years ago) maybe they are not but I have to say I am once again embarrassed as can be to be a human. One key differentiator between the USA and almost every other country on the planet is the principle of innocent until proven guilty and I see both sides of the political isle seem to have forgotten this in the last decade or so. Shameful... carry on keyboard ninjas.
GW offered no rebuttal and no explanation. Asked for comment and nothing offered.
The court of public opinion is different than the legal system. Especially when you are a public entity like a public figure or business.
Let me ask you this: Would you buy anything from GW right now? (price, performance and etc aside) And if the answer is "No". Then I'd ask "Why not?" Innocent until proven guilty right? You have no reason not to.
Get off your soapbox.

It could be a case of expanding too big too fast or cost overruns on facilities, etc. Shit can happen to good people so I'm sure that the GW side will come out eventually.

coues craze

Lil-Rokslider
I hate it for those employed by GW. I just wonder how much money was sunk into developing the Revic optics and what the return on investment has been for that project.

MThuntr

WKR
a lot of fingers being pointed at WF but yet everyone ignores that Gunwerks didn't pay their taxes and when in trouble got a loan to expand like it was going to magically fix everything. I feel bad for those that will lose their jobs because of this but the blame goes to management.

Anyone paid $10k for a rifle that can be had for $3-4K from just about any other company?

elkyinzer

WKR
You mean......like the website we're all posting on?

Didn't think of it, but yeah, as a matter of example. Just airing my grievances. I work for somewhat of a startup tech company and I spent a lot of the morning researching other startups and was just banging my head against the wall how stupid some of the names are and how many are intentionally misspelled. So that was already going through my head.

I think this segment of the market is way over crowded. How many 10k rifle companies do we really need? The big name manufacturers have been on the ropes for years, they have been kept afloat by LEO and Militray contracts. I dont care if your making guns or tiddley winks if you dont pay your taxes and loans you wont be in business long.

Reactions: OMB