Gunsmith to install arca plate on rifle?

bmicek

WKR
I’d like input from those that use an arca plate on their rifle and who they recommend to install it. Or any opinions at all on having a plate added to a rifle and where to add it on the rifle.

I hunt a lot of CRP fields so getting the rifle up off the ground is crucial, bipods don’t work for my style of hunting a lot of times. So I need to add an arca rail to my rifle. (Or so I think I do).

Top picture is my Kimber Adirondack 7mm-08 I want it installed on. Bottom picture is the arca plate I want installed.

43960F3B-6601-4C33-9EBD-3349CCAA2AA8.jpeg

1660063481823.jpeg

ChrisAU

WKR
Drilled the Manners on my CZ457 to install an Area 419 rail. Was super apprehensive about it, but then about 90 seconds later I had a rail installed on my rifle. Easy peasy. Measure 5 times, mark, drill.

Rover31

FNG
Not all that hard to do if you are competent with tools if not, don't, find someone who is. Doesn't have to be a gunsmith. Just needs to be someone with tool skills. I have mounted a few rails on. Take your time, make it the holes correct and straight.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Just like others have said it’s easy. I know goHUNT has a video showing how easy this is, google installing a pic rail on your hunting stock it will be the same process just a different rail.

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
I would add the plate as far back from the front of stock as possible. I've added arca plates on several stocks. Very easy to do with a few basic hand tools and a drill.

Has anyone installed an area 419 4" Arca plate or similar on an FFT stock yet? I'm curious if it's any different to drill because of the grain of the CF?

I just put this on 2 of my tikka rifles. One screw goes into the sling swivel stud and tikkas have another screw hole or drill one super easy.

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s a video that will show/tell you everything you need to know. You can get your t-nuts at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I add a little glue/epoxy to the t-nuts as well.