Gun Safe Moisture Management

Any recommendations on the best way to keep moisture out of the gun safe? I live on the coast of California where moisture/rust is for sure an issue and want to stay on top of it. Thanks in advance for any help/pointers

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Look into a safe dehumidifier. They are a 12" tube that you plug into a wall outlet. If you do not want to go the plugged in route, look into large desiccant packets. I personally use a safe dehumidifier.

Unckebob

WKR
In addition to the Golden Rod, do you have an air conditioned room to keep the safe in? A/C'd cause humidity to drop.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I use a couple of those safe dehumidifiers, you take them out and plug them in every so often to dry them out

When I lived in San Diego I used a golden rod. I also went a size above what they suggested

I have and use two golden rods along with chemical dehumidifiers in my main safe. It is in my basement and I feel like the extra protection is worth it.

one thing to know about golden rods is they are basically a low grade heater. they raise the temp of the air in the safe and the safe contents a degree or two above the air outside. That prevents water from condensing on metal surfaces in the safe (theoretically). I think they work but they don’t actually remove moisture from the air in the safe like a chemical dehumidifier does. I have had some minor rust spotting on some blued guns in my safe Over the years And I make sure anything that is in there for a long time has a good coating of oil and or RIG.

Golden rod. If room is not climate controlled, or has humidity above 60-65, room dehumidifier. Reusable desiccant kit can also be used.