Gun Dog Training - Front Range

I am looking for recommendations for a gun dog trainer here near Denver, CO in the front range. I have a 4mo Wirehaired Pointing Griffon (Greta) that I would like to get on a regimen soon. Ideally would be somewhere I could do in person training with her rather than shipping her off. Open to any and all suggestions. Hoping to utilize her innate ability to point & retrieve upland and waterfowl.

Attachments

• IMG_4875.jpeg
    IMG_4875.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 23

2ski

WKR
Join a NAVHDA chapters and you'll have a bunch of help to help you train through dog.

wjv

FNG
You might reach out to Dave at https://coloradogundogs.com/

He takes dogs for a few months, then when you take your dog back, you are welcome to show up on Saturdays to run your dog for a nominal fee. Dave is a super nice guy and close enough to Denver (West Gate Road of Rocky Flats). We still drop our dog off for a few weeks a year for tuneups and general kenneling.

I met some interesting folks on the Saturdays I went. If I was more into that scene, I would have probably kept up with some of them and hunted with them. It definitely seemed like a group of regulars that hung out and knew each other - all very welcoming, though.