Gulf of Mexico ate mine so........Headlamp Suggestions

JNDEER

WKR
I have no idea what the best is. I use a Walmart Energizer 3 AAA battery one and have for 4 years. Get the lithium batteries and they will last a whole season. Works great for $25.

jmez

WKR
Look at the Black Diamond Icon. It is a new light but much better than anything in its price class for output and battery life.

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
I had a Petzle Tikka I believe was the name. It was a good lamp.. I will look at the Black diamond as well. Any other suggestions?

Lawnboi

WKR
I really like my petzl myo. Like a spotlight on my head. Uses AA batteries instead of those stupid AAA's. Batteries last forever. A little pricy though

dotman

WKR
Look at the Black Diamond Icon. It is a new light but much better than anything in its price class for output and battery life.

X2... I picked one of these up and really like it, now I don't know about long term durability but battery life is true to what they list and at 200 lumens it is plenty bright. I will only take this one where in the past I took 2, one for just night and morning hiking and a brighter one for blood trailing. The weight of this is the same as taking 2 seperate headlamps. I see no reason to have 2 if you vet this. I didn't take 2 to have a spare it was because of battery life and output, the Black Diamond Icon now takes care of all my needs in one package at a cost of $80.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
Petzl Tikka XP2 with Core rechargable battery. High and low white spot light with a beam diffuser for a flood, with a single Red LED for preserving night vision as well as white and red flash/signal mode. As a plus, it re-charges off of a mini-USB port, so all I need to do for a re-charge is hook it up to my Goal-zero solar panel for a few hours. Not that I need to re-charge often, it last a long time. I also have a Petzl Tac-tikka that I really like for using at work and blood trailing, as it has different filters (red/blue/green) that can be used over the full-power white light. The bright blue is great for seeing blood and still preserving most of your night vision.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
I lost my Petzl Tikka XP2 one night while I was on a 4-wheeler dragging out a deer. The red LED was on at the time, and I had no idea where it fell off at. I didn't even realize I had lost it until the next day. I looked for it in the daylight and never found it. 4 days later, after 2 days of sleet/rain/snow storms, I was walking out from a different stand in the dark, when I saw a red glow underneath the snow. No shit, there is was still on! I became a loyal customer that day.

dotman

WKR
Going with the Black Diamond.

Good choice, this is the one item I finally was able to recommend to Aron before he could get it :) seems like an almost impossible task, lol. I'll let him comment on his thoughts but I do know he liked it last time I talked to him and was planning to be a one headlight guy this year also.

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
X2 on the Zipka. What a great little light. I've been using it 2-3 times a week for early morning hikes up the mountain and in the field; it works great. Another aspect you'll appreciate is the fact that it's so light and small. Plenty bright enough and switches to red with no problem. Battery life is superior.