Gulf of Mexico ate mine so........Headlamp Suggestions

JNDEER

WKR
I have no idea what the best is. I use a Walmart Energizer 3 AAA battery one and have for 4 years. Get the lithium batteries and they will last a whole season. Works great for $25.

jmez

WKR
Look at the Black Diamond Icon. It is a new light but much better than anything in its price class for output and battery life.

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
I had a Petzle Tikka I believe was the name. It was a good lamp.. I will look at the Black diamond as well. Any other suggestions?

Lawnboi

WKR
I really like my petzl myo. Like a spotlight on my head. Uses AA batteries instead of those stupid AAA's. Batteries last forever. A little pricy though

dotman

WKR
Look at the Black Diamond Icon. It is a new light but much better than anything in its price class for output and battery life.

X2... I picked one of these up and really like it, now I don't know about long term durability but battery life is true to what they list and at 200 lumens it is plenty bright. I will only take this one where in the past I took 2, one for just night and morning hiking and a brighter one for blood trailing. The weight of this is the same as taking 2 seperate headlamps. I see no reason to have 2 if you vet this. I didn't take 2 to have a spare it was because of battery life and output, the Black Diamond Icon now takes care of all my needs in one package at a cost of $80.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
Petzl Tikka XP2 with Core rechargable battery. High and low white spot light with a beam diffuser for a flood, with a single Red LED for preserving night vision as well as white and red flash/signal mode. As a plus, it re-charges off of a mini-USB port, so all I need to do for a re-charge is hook it up to my Goal-zero solar panel for a few hours. Not that I need to re-charge often, it last a long time. I also have a Petzl Tac-tikka that I really like for using at work and blood trailing, as it has different filters (red/blue/green) that can be used over the full-power white light. The bright blue is great for seeing blood and still preserving most of your night vision.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
I lost my Petzl Tikka XP2 one night while I was on a 4-wheeler dragging out a deer. The red LED was on at the time, and I had no idea where it fell off at. I didn't even realize I had lost it until the next day. I looked for it in the daylight and never found it. 4 days later, after 2 days of sleet/rain/snow storms, I was walking out from a different stand in the dark, when I saw a red glow underneath the snow. No shit, there is was still on! I became a loyal customer that day.

dotman

WKR
Going with the Black Diamond.

Good choice, this is the one item I finally was able to recommend to Aron before he could get it :) seems like an almost impossible task, lol. I'll let him comment on his thoughts but I do know he liked it last time I talked to him and was planning to be a one headlight guy this year also.

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
X2 on the Zipka. What a great little light. I've been using it 2-3 times a week for early morning hikes up the mountain and in the field; it works great. Another aspect you'll appreciate is the fact that it's so light and small. Plenty bright enough and switches to red with no problem. Battery life is superior.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord