Guide killed Goat hunting in BC

Stid2677

WKR
I have heard of more folks killed goat hunting than other other animal. I don't descend tired in the dark anymore, I always have gear to spend the night and come down in the daylight well rested. Crampons and Ice Axe is standard gear as well, only takes an instant to get in trouble. I took a nasty rag doll fall myself, and feel blessed to have walked away.

Be safe folks and may the peace of the lord be with the fallen and the family he left behind.

OP
L

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
From what I understand they shot the goat late in the day and decided to come down and go back up and get the goat the next day. He was only a few hundred yards from being down when he fell. This was posted on the owner of Tezwa expeditions FB

Friends
Yesterday at 3:30pm I received a satellite message from Jeff saying "Monster Billy Down". After he and his hunter got to the billy, they decided that it was best if the got off the mountain and recover him today. They came off the mountain empty and were almost down when Jeff's feet slipped out and he fell. He was about 200 yards from being down and it was getting dusk.

His hunter (Heath Mickelson of Welling) tried all night to get to him but couldn't find him and Jeff wouldn't respond to his calls. Search and rescue was called right away and they searched all night and found him this morning. He was pronounced in Terrace.

We are all in a state of shock and words can't describe how we all feel in camp right now.
Jeff absolutely loved guiding and loved these mountains. Our hearts go out to Dakota Passey Ripley and Jeff's family right now.

Manosteel

WKR
Prayers to the family. Makes you really think of all the sketchy stuff you have done in the mountains and got away with... Be safe folks, there is always another day to hunt and no animal is worth your life.

Man, so close to being down. I remember reading about TJ earlier this fall, and now this. Prayers to his family.

Outwest

WKR
Saw this on FB a few days back. Tough to think about and very sobering indeed, one of those nightmare situations that you hope you never have to see. Prayers to the friends and family of Jeff.

JP100

WKR
Be careful out there guys. I have had 3 misses Tahr hunting and am a slow learner. sad to hear about such a young guide being lost.
I know take an ice axe with me always. summer or winter.