Grizzly bear killed in Unit 6

Grizz208

FNG
I've ran into a grizzly a time or two on the south part of 4. That was years ago though

BigNate

WKR
Maybe if IDFG didn't pretend the Grizzlies are only in the upper few units, and admit there's quite a few of them folks would be a little more cautious.

So if i get a picture of a griz, ask IDFG if it's a black bear, and they say yes. I can kill a griz? I mean. If this is their new way to actually manage them. I won't say no.
Wny waste your time? Just shoot them and leave them.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Fowl Play

WKR
Anyone know a fish and game officer who’s really bad at bear identification? I got a couple pictures to show him… asking for a friend.

nsimmons

FNG
I'm from pa so I don't understand or have much knowledge on the situation, why are grizzlies hated so much? Are they that mean and nasty? I've always thought they're part of the ecosystem as long as they're managed then for the most part they're just bears doing bear things.

IDVortex

WKR
I'm from pa so I don't understand or have much knowledge on the situation, why are grizzlies hated so much? Are they that mean and nasty? I've always thought they're part of the ecosystem as long as they're managed then for the most part they're just bears doing bear things.
What predator controls grizzlies? That's my issue with them. They have no fear of humans, (in the lower 48) Not managed like they should, and they're about to be the next Grey Wolf in the lower 48.

Personal feelings of them? I want to see them in some areas, I think they're a cool animal, but I also want them managed. We also have way more folks out in Griz country to not justify some regulated hunting in the more human/griz areas. (Sw montana at the boarder of ID, WY for example)

nsimmons

FNG
What predator controls grizzlies? That's my issue with them. They have no fear of humans, (in the lower 48) Not managed like they should, and they're about to be the next Grey Wolf in the lower 48.

Personal feelings of them? I want to see them in some areas, I think they're a cool animal, but I also want them managed. We also have way more folks out in Griz country to not justify some regulated hunting in the more human/griz areas. (Sw montana at the boarder of ID, WY for example)
Montana and Idaho seem to have decent management plans for other game. I wonder why grizzlies aren't managed better then.

Fujicon

FNG
Yes. However, more people are killed by blacks than by grizzlies for the simple reason there are far more human-bear encounters involving blacks, not that blacks are more aggressive.

nsimmons

FNG
Yes. However, more people are killed by blacks than by grizzlies for the simple reason there are far more human-bear encounters involving blacks, not that blacks are more aggressive.
Unless I jump scare a black bear or run into a mom and cubs I've never been too worried about them. Just always cautious, so I guess I'm a little surprised at that but it makes sense.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomM