Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

This thread officially killed the last hour of my work day, now what can I find to kill the rest of the day... FWIW - The Tiger King thread killed a good thirty minutes as well.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Well...i just got caught up. What a crazy thread and I had no idea about the podcast either. I guess i'm not in the the cool kids club.

Couple thoughts

Lots of comments in this thread bashing GB for being a shill while saying "i'm a Kifaru guy" None of this would ever exist if we didn't let products define us. The things you like should still be held loosely. I mean, I'm a 'burrito guy' but never have my feelers been hurt by the guy who wants hard-shell tacos. More burritos for me.

On that line of thinking, if you think GB is a DB...and you're a 'Kifaru guy' meaning wearing the brand makes you feel good, well then you should be happy. As the greatest beet farmer of our time says "Before I do anything, I ask myself, 'would an idiot do this?' And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

But really... I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone not personally involves cares. Use what you like. I'll use what I like (and my wife allows me to buy.)

One time I went to the kifaru store and met a 7ft tall Scandanavian. He was nice enough but didn't want to be my friend so I swore off Kifaru for life. (after buying a tight Nalgene)

sorry lol. I am super bored. Gonna shoot clays with my wife tonight in the backyard that oughta help!

TheCougar

WKR
39,600 x 8 = 60 vertical miles . . .

Even if he was covering he was covering 14 miles a day, he would had to be hiking for 32 hours per day.

So he hiked for 10.5 days straight on an 8 day hunt. . . The point I made was that he couldn’t have possibly covered the vertical miles he claimed in 8 days and hunted.

If you’re going to call someone on getting their math right, maybe check yours first. Your tin foil hat is wrapped a little too tight. . . Enjoy digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh, I didn’t know you were doing it per day. I was thinking you were doing the aggregate from all the days. Both our “maths” were correct in that case... and yes, I’ll loosen my tin foil hat and face mask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunkin

FNG
I started listening to their make up/out podcast and had to turn it off. It was painful in every sense of the word. Brian is a hippy dork and Aaron is a pissed off dude with an anger issue. Aaron is an excellent hunter and Brian is pretty solid as well. I listen to both of their podcasts but really don't like how either of them run them. Its more about what they think than either of their guests...

Both have egos the size of Texas.... can we get back to hunting yet????

Idaboy

WKR
The only thing he's packed that weighed 150 lbs is his ego....
Yeah, 150lbs for 15 miles....oh what tangled webs we weave.....I gave up on Gritty when the "bowmen" part of name was dropped, as that seemed to correlate when it offvthe rails for anythin/topic that might bring in monetary value....its a free country, its his podcast, but he's got some issues.

HookUp

WKR
There is countless Youtube videos filmed without film permits. The USFS won't issue them for no appearant reason. Film permits were to keep movie sets under control before youtube pov videos became popular. Gritty said he will be addressing this in upcoming podcasts. I have zero issue with anyone filming public land hunts and Gritty is far from the only one.

Mtnboy

WKR
There is countless Youtube videos filmed without film permits. The USFS won't issue them for no appearant reason. Film permits were to keep movie sets under control before youtube pov videos became popular. Gritty said he will be addressing this in upcoming podcasts. I have zero issue with anyone filming public land hunts and Gritty is far from the only one.

How about the drone shots in a Wilderness? You cool with that too?

Gritty has become everything he used to bash and swear he wouldn't become. It's a slippery slope to be a "pro hunter", fame at all costs really.

It'll be interesting to see how many of these Influencers can survive the coming economic storm. I predict it's gonna be a tough road for a lot of guys.