Grill for truck camping?

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a typical propane camp grill that runs off 1lb cans, it is getting tired and was looking into a new one. Ideally something smaller than the typical grill, basically half the size would be perfect.

Have not come up with anything yet searching around online, any ideas?

And sticking with propane.

Last edited:
You want propane I assume? Lots of good options but I don't have enough experience to recommend anything gas. For charcoal or wood I've had one of these for probably pushing 15 years now, works great with charcoal or wood and sort of heats like an oven with the lid closed because the metal is so thick. It's not light. Lid and ash tray lock closed for transport.

Partner Steel Cook Parnter is popular with the OHV and camping community and remains relatively unknown. It's a premium product, made in low volume and the price reflects that. I have a 2 burner cook partner, it's no frills and bullet proof. They make a two burner that folds in half if you want something smaller. It can take any size LP tank and is my preferred grill for most times.

On a budget? The eureka spark is a great recommendation. The fuel is a little harder to come by as it uses a large butane bottle but it's common enough that it's not a big deal. I bought and used one in Yellowstone last year for a week. Held up fine and worked like a charm but I probably wouldn't expect it to last a long time of hard use.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
The spark is interesting though looks like it only used it's own fuel canisters, I have propane for heat at times as well so keeping things simple.

Partner looks like overkill for my needs!