Greyboe Trekker questions...

the hack

WKR
Hello,

I wonder if anyone has laid hands on the Greyboe Trekker AND Manners LRH? I have an LRH and find the grip diameter/thickness to be a bit large for my hands. I also feel like I need to "stretch", or choke up a bit, as the distance between the grip and trigger is a bit much. This means I cannot use the thumb shelf as my trigger finger isn't long enough. Would like to try a Trekker but don't have one nearby.

Thanks for the insights!

Mr Tiny Hands

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I shoot a couple of Trekker stocked rifles. I've become very fond of them as a hunting stock. The grip works well for me and the distance to the trigger is short. It is a slimmer grip. I have large hands but it still works well for me. The thumb shelf is great for me. The stock works well for me both prone and off-hand. Comb height has been good for me using a rail and .82 rings and Hawkins Long Rang Hybrid rings in low. The slimness through the action makes it very nice to carry in hand. Previous versions of the stock came in ~22-23 oz. Current versions are ~28 oz.

The biggest downside to the stock is the lack of bottom on the butt if using a rear bag. I've been able to work around it. Next downside is lack of flush cup options because of the design. I've considered trying one of the following but I think the butt is to thick and the groove in the forend wouldn't allow it to sit flush:

I have had to epoxy the rear swivel in one of them as it pulled out. I contacted Grayboe and asked if I needed to send it back or if they were fine with me epoxying it in. There response was:

"Yes you can epoxy the hell out of that rear hole to glue it back into place. Just blow out any debris first. Let me know if that works, otherwise we’ll get you a new stock if it comes out again. Don’t worry about voiding any warranty. You have a lifetime warranty on the stock sir. "

Interestingly, most carbon stocks have a loud hollow sound if something strikes the side. The Trekker does not, the sound is just a thump because it's a solid piece.

jsider

FNG
Super helpful. I now have one on order. Really appreciate the detail.

They are running a 30% sale right now.