Carbon Rifle Stock Review

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes I have glass bedded the Peak 44. I glass bed every stock that I can as I believe in the value of doing so.
When I did mine, I actually took my Dremel tool with a small point and make a few dimples type holes to help keep the epoxy more solid in the stock. I have done that to many stocks. Probably don't need to but I feel a bit better doing so. My glass bedding technique is pretty similar to the video they have on YouTube.
I do that too.

richmsd

FNG
Classified Approved
Thanks for the info on the stocks as I'm starting a light weight build in 280AI

I have a peak 44 stock on my Weatherby lightweight rifle. It is first class in every respect.

Which Weatherby lightweight did you put in the Peak 44? Is it in the Blacktooth or Bastion?

I am considering one of their stocks for my Mark V Ultra Lightweight (6 lug, chambered in .270 Win). I love the rifle, but it kicks like a mule in the factory stock. No muzzle device currently. Did the new stock make much a difference in recoil for you?

Do you happen to have any pictures in the new stock?

Thanks

akwchil

FNG
Hi Spence,

Thanks for the awesome write up on all these stocks. I was curious who did the action skeletonizing? I'm looking to have that done on a R700 as well.

I have been told that the peak 44 stocks sound hollow and have some flex due to this hallow configuration, have you noticed this at all?

Thanks again

OP
Spence

Spence

FNG
I have a gunsmith / Machinist that has one of those fancy million dollar machines to do such things. He helped build my Zeiss Rifle that has some cool stuff on it.
I can get you his info if you would like and then maybe he could do one up for you?

As far as the stock goes, Sure it sounds hollow compared to a few different ones but I actually think it sounds way less hollow than my Gunwerks Magnus. Just for sound purposes. I just tried flexing 5 different ones near the fore end. FLEX<<<<< Not enough difference in them to even tell.
I cant feel any difference and it hasn't made the accuracy change. I have tried it in a few stocks.

BTW,
I loved it so much, I just bought the Bastian stock for a 28 Nosler build.
If that means anything.

Thank You,
Jason

OP
Spence

Spence

FNG
I doubt that you will regret trying one. Manners builds an amazing stock.

Spence

Steamer

FNG
That peak 44 stock looks incredibly lightweight. The manners pro hunter looks promising , I really like how they integrated the picatany in the toe of the stock but wish they would do that to the LRH so you have an adjustable comb