Green Egg Style

SWOHTR

WKR
I’ve used a Vision Grills kamado extensively and it does well. Would recommend.

or buy a KJ Classic 1 or 2 on FB marketplace for $500…

JDT1982

FNG
i had a Char grill akorn for 6 years. No performance issues but the bottom vent was rusting out, the the humidity and moisture did not help in South Florida. I sold it when I moved otherwise I would have kept the grill.

there's one company that makes the bulk of the knock-off kamado's (can't remember who though). If you look at grilla kong/lousiana/vision/lifesmart/titan, etc... they're all pretty much the same. They do well, the down side to them is dealer support and aftermarket/accessory compatability.

If you're just looking for a ceramic grill to smoke on once in a while they'll do what you want. If you use it 3-5 times a week in different configurations a egg or KJ would be better.

CB4

WKR
Always check FB if you are wanting to save some $. I picked up a green egg for $100 a couple months ago. They last forever.

Green Egg or Komado Joe

Green egg sells all their hardware, so if a hinge or damper breaks you can get a replacement. I haven't looked at the Joe's but I imagine its the same. They're ceramic and thick, so they are HEAVY. if you don't have a permanent home then get a wheel kit

I want to build a frickin patio to house my dual propane burner, pellet grill/smoker, blackstone, and cap off everything with a green egg or komado

cfounta1

FNG
I have the BGE and a good buddy has a vision. He wishes he had ponied up for the BGE.

I have a knock off kamado and generally love it. A Kamado Joe or BGE would probably perform better and have nicer features, but probably not 3x the price better.

jhoff04

FNG
I have a large (home) and minimax (camper) BGE. They do last a lifetime and would have no hesitation buying a used one if you want to save a buck. Otherwise, Kamado Joe would be my second choice for the money.

My father-in-law has an oval Primo Grill... those knock the BGE out of the water. But they're not cheap.

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
I had 2 vision ceramic cookers for many years. I recently upgraded to a Kamado Joe and it was well worth it