Grand Slammers?

ksteed17

FNG
Beauty rams guys! I've only got the one so far but im so far addicted my wife thinks I need an intervention ha ha. Here's the one I was lucky to get with a buddy of mine on a general tag in Alberta.

WorldRecordRam005.jpg

WorldRecordRam007.jpg

WorldRecordRam012.jpg

OP
R

rebecca francis

Beauty rams guys! I've only got the one so far but im so far addicted my wife thinks I need an intervention ha ha. Here's the one I was lucky to get with a buddy of mine on a general tag in Alberta.

That is a beautiful ram!!! I agree....I can't quite place my finger on what it is...but sheep get in your blood! They are amazing creatures. Congrats!

Well, I am in the <1 club. I did get into the application game fairly late (I'm 33 and just started applying last year), but I apply for every sheep tag that is out there. Hoping to break the ice with a Dall in the next couple of years. Now the only question is rifle or bow...rifle or bow...

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
I am 0 for 4 at the moment! laffin... I'm only 25 and have a couple points in WY and MT for rocky. I plan on starting a third rocky state and two desert states next year. Hopefully I will be able to do my dall in the next 5 years sometime. One of my best friends in the entire world moved to Wasilla, AK a few years ago. Hopefully he and I will be able to share some awesome dall hunts. The main one that is gonna bust me is the stone. I am a fireman, so I don't exactly make a bunch of money. With the prices of stone hunts now, and no telling what they will be by the time I might be able to afford one, I don't know if that one will ever happen. I will try my hardest though!

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I am 0 for 4 at the moment! laffin... I'm only 25 and have a couple points in WY and MT for rocky. I plan on starting a third rocky state and two desert states next year. Hopefully I will be able to do my dall in the next 5 years sometime. One of my best friends in the entire world moved to Wasilla, AK a few years ago. Hopefully he and I will be able to share some awesome dall hunts. The main one that is gonna bust me is the stone. I am a fireman, so I don't exactly make a bunch of money. With the prices of stone hunts now, and no telling what they will be by the time I might be able to afford one, I don't know if that one will ever happen. I will try my hardest though!

How committed are you? Move to BC for 6 months and become a resident and you can go get a stone for 50 bucks over the counter and alot of walking!! :)

Lorne

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
The main one that is gonna bust me is the stone. I am a fireman, so I don't exactly make a bunch of money. With the prices of stone hunts now, and no telling what they will be by the time I might be able to afford one, I don't know if that one will ever happen. I will try my hardest though!

I would suggest, short of trying the residency route, is to find several outfitters that you would be interested in hunting with and getting a hold of them. I would let them know that you are interested in hunting with them, but the financial commitment is beyond your ability to handle. Get on their short notice-last minute hunt opportunity list so when they get a cancellation hunt or open hunt, then you could possibly get one at a significant price reduction. A word to the wise, make sure you understand all the cost involved: airfare, hotels, meals, charters, licenses and tags, tips, new gear, cost of getting trophy home and taxidermy, etc. This all adds a bunch of money to the cost of the hunt so make sure you account for these expenses in your budget. Develop a plan and start saving for the trip and stay in shape as you will never know when you will get that phone call saying that the outfitter has a deal you can't refuse. Short of winning a hunt in a raffle or give away, this may be your best option. As anyone who has been there knows, BC, especially northern BC is beautiful in the fall.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Lorne... Unfortunately that is not an option. I already have my dream job here in OK. That and both mine and my soon to be wife have all our family here. She does work in the oil industry, so it shouldn't be too hard for her to get a job around there. And I think I could deal with being close to Whistler. Hmmm...

Sheep aside, look at all the other opportunities BC provides in terms of Big Game! I would love to retire there someday!

Completed my archery Grand Slam/FNAWS (Four North American Wild Sheep) in 2017....37 years after my first Bighorn hunt in CO. Long term dream that became a potential reality with a move to BC 11 years ago and finally happened in the NWT on a Dall hunt.

Good luck to everyone on their quest. Hope the borders, both international and the territories are open this July and sheep hunters get to pursue their passions!