Government Checks

Our kids money hit the bank today, most likly going to toss it in the 529s.
More excited about the NOL that can carried back five years. Need to make big play on that.
Are you saying that you and your wife's income are over the threshold, but you still received $500 for each kid?

Yes we are both over the maximum threshold, singular and combined.
Well..... You give me hope. Every calculator, as well as my tax guy, told us that we would not get any of the stimulus because we are over the threshold. Every online calculator also says I get nothing for my 2 kids as well because we are over the threshold and I have not received anything yet... Hope you are right about this. I have the wife calling our tax guy again, I want some free money!!

Well..... You give me hope. Every calculator, as well as my tax guy, told us that we would not get any of the stimulus because we are over the threshold. Every online calculator also says I get nothing for my 2 kids as well because we are over the threshold and I have not received anything yet... Hope you are right about this. I have the wife calling our tax guy again, I want some free money!!
Ours hit tuesday morning. I am not calling to complain one way or another. If they made a mistake they can bill me and i will refund them...next year.

We have two children, Received 1k even

Ours hit tuesday morning. I am not calling to complain one way or another. If they made a mistake they can bill me and i will refund them...next year.

We have two children, Received 1k even
Yeah, I agree, I wouldn't call and complain either! haha. Just talked to our tax guy again and he is pretty positive, but will try and dig deeper to confirm that you should get 0$ if you are over the threshold for children unless you are barely over the threshold.

He says, if you are over the Maximum threshold for AGI, every $1000 over the max starts eating $50 away from the money you received for your kids as well. So basically each kid allows for $10,000 over the maximum threshold before the $500 is erased as well.

Yeah, I agree, I wouldn't call and complain either! haha. Just talked to our tax guy again and he is pretty positive, but will try and dig deeper to confirm that you should get 0$ if you are over the threshold for children unless you are barely over the threshold.

He says, if you are over the Maximum threshold for AGI, every $1000 over the max starts eating $50 away from the money you received for your kids as well. So basically each kid allows for $10,000 over the maximum threshold before the $500 is erased as well.

We were over the threshold and didn't receive anything for our two kids, not expecting to either. I believe we were well enough over that it erased the 3,400 a family of four should have gotten.

Pming you

Back