Got out and shot the 6.5prc 100gr eld-vt.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Was loaded by copper creek. 3450fps at muzzle. Shot seated off my tripod. Will mainly use with my thermal. Shot very accurate and with suppressor had very manageable recoil. My scope has day and night channel so I zeroed both. Those that use thermal know it’s a little harder to dial in accurately than a standard scope. Overall very happy.

No holdover to 250 yards with thermal and 300 with day channel. IMG_4711.jpegIMG_4715.jpeg

IMG_4712.jpeg

Taudisio

WKR
I saw the picture before I read the post. I was very confused why you shot a cut up lady pad! 😂
Looks like it will do well!
Non-thermal user question, do you dial the thermal? It would seem setting up a MPBR would be easiest as the thermal only picks up heat so far away right?

OP
O

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the picture before I read the post. I was very confused why you shot a cut up lady pad! 😂
Looks like it will do well!
Non-thermal user question, do you dial the thermal? It would seem setting up a MPBR would be easiest as the thermal only picks up heat so far away right?
That’s a foot warmer! Has sticky on back so just slap on the target.

With thermal you shoot a shot, then digitally move the crosshairs to impact. That part is easy. Really getting it dead center take some practice and tweaking. There are no true mechanical turrets, all done with computer chip in scope. They are not really scopes, but cameras with an image you look at

It will pick up the heat 1000 yards or more away. But you only get a razor sharp image to so far.

Taudisio

WKR
That’s a foot warmer! Has sticky on back so just slap on the target.

With thermal you shoot a shot, then digitally move the crosshairs to impact. That part is easy. Really getting it dead center take some practice and tweaking. There are no true mechanical turrets, all done with computer chip in scope. They are not really scopes, but cameras with an image you look at

It will pick up the heat 1000 yards or more away. But you only get a razor sharp image to so far.
I figured that out it was a foot warmer once I read you were using the thermal.

So does the computer compensate for distance? If you can see out to 1k, can you reliably shoot that far with it? Or is it just a set the zero and hold on hair until you need to hold over a little and that’s all the range you get?

smax

FNG
Very interesting looking rifle. What are the details? More pictures?

OP
O

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
I figured that out it was a foot warmer once I read you were using the thermal.

So does the computer compensate for distance? If you can see out to 1k, can you reliably shoot that far with it? Or is it just a set the zero and hold on hair until you need to hold over a little and that’s all the range you get?
Thermal has a ballistic calculator in it. Can dial (digitally) to distance and it will compensate on reticle. You enter ballistics parameters on a cell phone app that then downloads to scope.

My thermal binos have a rangefinder so I just shoot distance, move to scope, then dial to distance and shoot.

That said, I use for mainly fast movers like coyote, so it’s easier to not have to dial. A flat shooting fast moving cartridge lets me spot the coyote and then just aim and shoot at anything less than 250 yards.

OP
O

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Very interesting looking rifle. What are the details? More pictures?
It’s a Blaser r8 in a grs Ragnarok chassis. 20.5” fluted barrel. Banish 30 gold suppressor. Pulsar dxp50 day/night thermal scope. Innomount Blaser scope mount made for thermals.

Tripod is leofoto 282cx. I’ve tried most and it’s by far best tripod I’ve found. I use the spartan Davros pro head and spartan adapters on all my rifles.

TxLite

WKR
Personally I don’t shoot far enough with a thermal to necessitate dialing. Something about long range shooting at night bothers me. Also, as was mentioned, getting a perfect zero can be challenging as well. MPBR works just fine for the distances I shoot.