7PRC chassis rifle build results/specifications

FNG
I just finished putting together my folding hunting rifle and I figured I would post some specific weights for anyone planning similar build. It was difficult to estimate the total build weight and plan the overall weight of what the system would be once it was done. By going to different sites I was able to come up with a rough estimate but having the total assembled weight may be interesting to someone so here it is:

*Action: Tikka T3X Stainless 19.2 oz
*Bolt: Stainless fluted 11.4 oz
*Barrel: Proof Research 22” Sendero 38.6 oz
*Muzzle Brake: SRS TiPro 3 Titanium 1.7 oz
*Chassis: XLR Element 4.0 Aluminum with folding attachment, grip, thumb rest. 36.1 oz
*Stock: Smoke Composites ultralight carbon fiber with cheek piece and bag rider 12.1 oz
*Scope: Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x44 24.9 oz
*Scope Rings: Hawkins Precision long range hybrid low 30mm 3.4 oz

The total assembled rifle without ammunition came out to be 9 lb 13.9 oz. Before someone does the math (I didn’t) if there’s a discrepancy between the listed weights and the total weight…I used a kitchen scale off Amazon, not a scientific laboratory so, that’s the best I could do.

The overall length folded is 33 3/4”

I shot it today, I spent 20 rounds getting the rifle “zeroed” and just getting the feel for it. I used Hornady Precision Hunter 175 ELD-X which left the muzzle at 2763 fps. The picture posted is the first three rounds out of the muzzle. I boresighted by looking through the barrel at 100 yards. The group hit 1 MOA right and 3 MOA high. I applied that 1” sticker next to the group so I could use the Hornady group analysis tool to measure the group size.

For “break in” I shot three rounds, cleaned, shot three rounds, cleaned, then just shot the remaining 14 rounds and cleaned the bore when I got home. I suspect I will clean the rifle at an interval yet to be determined, probably every 100 rounds or so.

The bore cleaned very easily when I got home. Very little copper came out.

That’s all I have for now, I’m excited to get to know this rifle and this cartridge.

I’d like to thank Formadeliciouso (I don’t know how to spell your name on here, I apologize) for the scope testing, saved me from making an expensive mistake, and the rest of you for posting information about your builds.IMG_7230.jpegIMG_7231.jpegIMG_7254.jpegIMG_7257.jpegIMG_7266.jpeg