Got looong arches and short toes

Billinsd

WKR
Using a Branock foot measurer, my toe to heal length is a size 9.5 and my arch length is about 12, and width is a D. I have a hell of a time finding ski boots, or stiff hiking boots. Anyone have some stories, or suggestions? I usually get size 10 or 10.5 E boots. I always, just thought my feet were real wide, but they really aren't. Maybe a size 11 D boot would fit better?

Last edited:
It's like I got a size 12 boot size, however my toes are a little stunted, lol. I need to find size 11 to 12 that will hold my heel. My toes will have lots of room, but I don't want the rest of my foot, heel and arch moving around.

Do you guys measure your arch length? I never thought about, and if someone told me, I'm sure I dismissed them and forgot about it.

May need to get a 12 for the boot to break correctly at the MTP joint, then learn a heel lock lacing technique to keep your foot in the back of the boot? Worth a shot anyway.

May need to get a 12 for the boot to break correctly at the MTP joint, then learn a heel lock lacing technique to keep your foot in the back of the boot? Worth a shot anyway.
Thanks! I definitely need to try the boots on. I went to REI and 12s seemed a bit big and 11.5s seemed pretty good. I went to a new balance shoe outlet store and found that 11.5s fit pretty good. Lots of toe room, but the arch and heel doesn't move.
Bill

Don't dare offer any advice on boot/shoe fit. I struggle more getting a boot that my heels don't move too much. What I did find it was well worth my money to use the custom fit system @ Lathrop & Sons (they are sponsors on this site). Best fitting boot system I ever had after they got done.

Back