Got an Elk...!

OP
C

corey006

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! Which state were you hunting?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sask Canada.
That blade angle on those Striker Mags is why I've never used them on an elk. But I'd try them on deer without hesitation.
I was planning on using Anihilators 150gr XL s, but I could not get them to an acceptable level of sharpness.

Next year I am going to try 150gr Trypans IF I get back to a 70# bow.

OP
C

corey006

Lil-Rokslider
You should be proud (and I'm guessing pretty pooped out).
I am going to be 50 on Sept.26....had to chainsaw trail, load , get hom back to camp, hang, quarter, bag and get to cooler, all in pouring rain, and by myself...LOL....so ya there are sore spots on my body....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I mostly use 125's, but I haven't been able to bring myself to put the Trypans in the quiver. I tried once before and couldn't keep the blades closed. I have a really OCD quirk where I'm always pushing my arrows as deep as I can get them into my quiver foam........even while I'm hiking at times. Keeps them nice and tight, but doesn't work so well with Rage. :)

OP
C

corey006

Lil-Rokslider
I will try to get my Anihilators "spooky" sharp....I really think this head will blow through ribs and hold an edge....

Read1t48

WKR
Congrats on finishing the job!
Good looking bull. Using that water bottle to treat him for dehydration should make the meat even more tender. 😜

Awesome, way to be persistent. I lost two bulls on two different hunts which I thought were great ethical 40 yrd shots and never found them minimal blood. Hopefully I get my first Bull this year on the 2nd hunt in September. Glad you found him!!!🙌🏼

Congrats! I've hit mature whitetail bucks in the liver and one lung and jumped them the next day. I imagine elk are even tougher in that respect given their size. Way to stay on him and persevere through some really tough conditions. Well done!

Glad you found him. Congrats! No surprise on the arrow trajectory. Study the shape of the ribs. On a quartering too shot, it’s quite normal for that arrow to do what it did if you hit the front side of the rib on entry.