Gooseneck Dump Trailer

OP
N

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
Air bags don't increase towing capacity, that's based on axles.

Gets your headlights where they should be.
This is a whole other issue I’m working through but for now I’m looking at the 299 as the max “design” cargo to be hauled in a gooseneck dump, ramp issues noted. I’ll be towing with a F350 power stroke SRT. So long as I can stay away from a dually, which it seems I can in this format, I believe it’ll work and well within safe payload capacity. I’m pretty conservative with tow/payload capacities by nature as they don’t seem to capture cross winds, bad conditions or other drivers.

This is a whole other issue I’m working through but for now I’m looking at the 299 as the max “design” cargo to be hauled in a gooseneck dump, ramp issues noted. I’ll be towing with a F350 power stroke SRT. So long as I can stay away from a dually, which it seems I can in this format, I believe it’ll work and well within safe payload capacity. I’m pretty conservative with tow/payload capacities by nature as they don’t seem to capture cross winds, bad conditions or other drivers.

Why trying to stay away from duals?

I go through enough tires, I want as many on the ground as possible. Granted, you do sometimes get a blown sidewall because of material between tires, but I have found it a net positive.

Reasons I'd stay away from a dump trailer versus a dump body truck:
Turning radius sucks.
Bed ends up almost on the ground dumping with a trailer, catches and drags depending on ground conditions.
Debris piles end up short and long, taking up a lot more area.
Overall they seem pretty light duty, just need to hold the weight down to have payload, but it's not like a 26k is gonna have an Excavator body on it either.

It's really nice not having a whole second vehicle tho, just understand limitations, it's far from a dump truck.

Might be fine for your application.

For brands, I was really impressed with the customer service I got from Cam Superline after the sale, but I don't know if anyone carries them on the west coast.