Quietkat 2 wheeled cargo trailer

rclouse79

WKR
I was looking at cargo bike trailers today for my new ebike and the Quietkat 2-wheel trailer seems like what I am looking for. I was wondering if anyone had any experience that trailer they would be willing to share. I have come to realize that companies like Quietkat are just buying things in bulk from China, slapping their sticker on it, and charging Made in Amerca prices for it. I found what appears to be the exact same trailer from Jupiter electric bikes for $200 instead of $360. I was wondering if there are any better places to get the same item. Thanks for any info.

ni7ne

FNG
I have one I got on a deep sale from quietkat. Got it because it was cheap. I haven't really tested high weight -- probably 40 pounds max. It works well enough behind a bike. I don't know that the "suspension" accomplishes anything versus the moon tires. I don't know how useful the articulation is. I just throw a plastic bin on there for urban street rides to the park. The wheels are quick-detach.
I did put some of these in the tires to soak up goatheads:Screenshot_20240311_125517.png

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I have one I got on a deep sale from quietkat. Got it because it was cheap. I haven't really tested high weight -- probably 40 pounds max. It works well enough behind a bike. I don't know that the "suspension" accomplishes anything versus the moon tires. I don't know how useful the articulation is. I just throw a plastic bin on there for urban street rides to the park. The wheels are quick-detach.
I did put some of these in the tires to soak up goatheads:View attachment 685884
Do you know if the trailer would attach to a standard quick release axle? I emailed Jupiter ebikes and they claim the trailer they are selling is different that the quietkat one and is specific for their bikes. I call B.S.

Photo from Jupiter website:
1710187740149.png

Photo from Quietkat:
1710187825215.png

I bet money you could find the cart on Alibab for under $100, of course you would have to buy them in bulk.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I did put some of these in the tires to soak up goatheads:View attachment 685884
Great idea on the Tannis tire liners. I will be doing that for sure.

Do you know if the trailer would attach to a standard quick release axle? I emailed Jupiter ebikes and they claim the trailer they are selling is different that the quietkat one and is specific for their bikes. I call B.S.

Photo from Jupiter website:
View attachment 685887

Photo from Quietkat:
View attachment 685888

I bet money you could find the cart on Alibab for under $100, of course you would have to buy them in bulk.
Looks like the tires and tongue are different.

ni7ne

FNG
The second picture shows the tongue without tongue-->axle connector.

"Through axle" is something that is replacing QR in more bikes, and a through axle bike would need one of those replacement trailer-friendly through axles on the bike. You have a QR bike. I guess the second question is shaft hole diameter on the tongue-->axle connector, and how bad slop would be if the hole is oversized to accommodate through axle adapter axles rather than QR.

But the jupiter site shows a QR connector:
Screenshot_20240311_133847.png

ni7ne

FNG
Just to clarify, because the website pics don't make it obvious for either trailer: In the picture I posted, the black steel piece gets left on the bicycle and the trailer is attached/detached from it. It inserts into the silver aluminium piece that is at the end of the tongue.

These are all sort of janky setups that can damage your axle with any abuse, but that is a better outcome than bending your dropout.