Gooseneck Dump Trailer

OP
N

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
Air bags don't increase towing capacity, that's based on axles.

Gets your headlights where they should be.
This is a whole other issue I’m working through but for now I’m looking at the 299 as the max “design” cargo to be hauled in a gooseneck dump, ramp issues noted. I’ll be towing with a F350 power stroke SRT. So long as I can stay away from a dually, which it seems I can in this format, I believe it’ll work and well within safe payload capacity. I’m pretty conservative with tow/payload capacities by nature as they don’t seem to capture cross winds, bad conditions or other drivers.

This is a whole other issue I’m working through but for now I’m looking at the 299 as the max “design” cargo to be hauled in a gooseneck dump, ramp issues noted. I’ll be towing with a F350 power stroke SRT. So long as I can stay away from a dually, which it seems I can in this format, I believe it’ll work and well within safe payload capacity. I’m pretty conservative with tow/payload capacities by nature as they don’t seem to capture cross winds, bad conditions or other drivers.

Why trying to stay away from duals?

I go through enough tires, I want as many on the ground as possible. Granted, you do sometimes get a blown sidewall because of material between tires, but I have found it a net positive.

Reasons I'd stay away from a dump trailer versus a dump body truck:
Turning radius sucks.
Bed ends up almost on the ground dumping with a trailer, catches and drags depending on ground conditions.
Debris piles end up short and long, taking up a lot more area.
Overall they seem pretty light duty, just need to hold the weight down to have payload, but it's not like a 26k is gonna have an Excavator body on it either.

It's really nice not having a whole second vehicle tho, just understand limitations, it's far from a dump truck.

Might be fine for your application.

For brands, I was really impressed with the customer service I got from Cam Superline after the sale, but I don't know if anyone carries them on the west coast.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The only difference on the Ram trucks between 2,500 and 3,500 is dual option and stiffer springs. Adding the air bags actually takes you up higher than a single rear wheel 3,500 for payload.

You have to step up to 4,500 or 5,500 and run duals to gain the thicker steel on the frames, bigger brakes, thicker suspension, bigger diffs, etc.