Good or Bad Bino Pick-up????

AZElk

FNG
I had sworn to myself in July that I was going to upgrade my binoculars over the next two years and that time came sooner than I thought. This Black Friday my local archery shop put on a bigger sale than usual. There were a set of Zeiss 15x56 Conquest HD on sale for 25% off and a set of Victory HT 10x42's for 50% off. At the end of the day I had both pairs in my truck and a few items checked off my optics list. What do you all think of the Victory HT's and their clarity. I had never looked through them before buying and after my inspection when I got home I was extremely impressed with the Victories and the Conquests. Is there another company I should look at which might urge me to sell the HT's or try to trade for something else?

Sounds like you did very well to me. I'd keep them and not look for that tad better unicorn optic.

The only reason to upgrade is when you look through something else and you can see clearer then you "NEED" to move on.
Sounds like the price was right.

I had sworn to myself in July that I was going to upgrade my binoculars over the next two years and that time came sooner than I thought. This Black Friday my local archery shop put on a bigger sale than usual. There were a set of Zeiss 15x56 Conquest HD on sale for 25% off and a set of Victory HT 10x42's for 50% off. At the end of the day I had both pairs in my truck and a few items checked off my optics list. What do you all think of the Victory HT's and their clarity. I had never looked through them before buying and after my inspection when I got home I was extremely impressed with the Victories and the Conquests. Is there another company I should look at which might urge me to sell the HT's or try to trade for something else?

It does not matter at all what anybody else thinks of those Ziess binoculars. You are the one who uses them, they only have to work for you. You only get better in the most superficial of ways with anything else. So it's pretty simple. Those are top end instruments, if you like them use them. Don't beat yourself up thinking you could have done better. Keep is simple and don't over think things. If the subconscious starts up just tell it that those HT's have industry leading light transmission.

I think you flat out scored on the best glass going right now with the HTs. It wasn’t even close for me when I compared them to others when I was making my pre-purchase research. The adage that you have to go with what YOUR eyes dictate is so very true. I smile every time I look through my HTs and I am going to bet that your results will be the same.

Everyone’s eyes are different and your results may vary, but I wouldn’t trade them for any other glass out there right now.

My eyes liked the Nikon EDG over all of the field flattened glass that I looked through. Though Zeiss hadn’t come out with the SF when I purchased my EDGs.

You really can’t go wrong with any of the Alpha glass and you just got the best and it’s little brother.

I’ve never had the chance to look through the Conquests, so I can’t comment on any sort of personal experience. They are on my short list when I start looking at glass in the 12-15x range though.

Sounds like you scored a sweet deal on both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my Eyes Zeiss makes some excellent optics. I have a pair of the Conquest 10x42's and I really like them. The Victory HT's are the best they make and brighter and clearer edge to edge with the most natural color I've seen through any Bino.

I'd say you did really well. Let me know if you have second thoughts on those HT's.

Back