Goat Knives ghosting me?

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I simply shared what my specific experience was, whether or not it's same for everyone else isn't under my control. Any business decisions he made are his burden to bear (and I believe he's trying) and me blasting out info he gave me in private I consider just that, private.
I just went to their website and they still allow me to add a knife to the cart that by all accounts, they do not plan to deliver. Add on top of that the only way to get your money back on the undelivered product is to PM someone on Rokslide, to then get private information? I am not one who got caught up in this scam, but I certainly feel for the people who have been.

I did reread your initial post and if the only private info you are withholding is contact info, I have to apologize for my misunderstanding. Even for people with questionable at best ethics I don't see a reason to post their personal contact information.

I read the initial post as the only way to get your money back is to meticulously scour the internet, find this thread, PM some guy, hope he responds, then get your refund. I was hoping to cut out the last final steps for someone in the future.

Split toe

WKR
Reached out directly to truearrow7 through Rokslide per his post. He contacted me, was straight up with no BS, and got me some contact info that I will not be posting because I refuse to stir the pot. If you want it, try to PM him. Used the info to send less than cordial message. Within about 24 hours a "pending transaction" notice showed up online for my debit card. If/when the $ shows up I'll update.
The google machine tells me the company is "administratively dissolved" and the 2 members of the company are named Erik and Travis.
@Roofer1 so in that conversation did he disclose if the company was still active or not? I think that is relevant public knowledge and will help avoid people being scammed? I can understand withholding private names/numbers to some extent, but this is borderline criminal activity at best.

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
I just went to their website and they still allow me to add a knife to the cart that by all accounts, they do not plan to deliver. Add on top of that the only way to get your money back on the undelivered product is to PM someone on Rokslide, to then get private information? I am not one who got caught up in this scam, but I certainly feel for the people who have been.

I did reread your initial post and if the only private info you are withholding is contact info, I have to apologize for my misunderstanding. Even for people with questionable at best ethics I don't see a reason to post their personal contact information.

I read the initial post as the only way to get your money back is to meticulously scour the internet, find this thread, PM some guy, hope he responds, then get your refund. I was hoping to cut out the last final steps for someone in the future.
Honestly just trying to help and you're right, even if the info is for someone that seems to have earned his reputation, (not @truearrow7, the other fella) I'd feel like a douche throwing up what seems to be private contact intel on the internet. Unfortunately, from my interaction it doesn't seem like there is a way to cut out the last step at this point unless something changes. Knives seem bad ass but if I'd dug a little may not have even attempted it from the get go.

intunegp

WKR
So the summary is that Travis partnered with Muley Freak, between the two of them they couldn't run a business, he blames Muley Freak as the easy/already unpopular scapegoat, and he's the good guy giving refunds and talking to customers in private messages. Seems to me like the guy in charge of production would have to have some idea that the money was still coming in but the product wasn't going out.

I think a statement addressing the debacle and providing a pathway forward would be the honorable/reasonable thing from @truearrow7 at this point. Without that, we're all just left to assume the worst.

I have no skin in the game as someone who has looked at but never purchased one of their knives. Whole thing just seems sketchy and I'd advise anyone with an open order to file a credit card dispute. After enough disputes the card companies won't work with them anymore and they won't be able to take more people's money.

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
@Roofer1 so in that conversation did he disclose if the company was still active or not? I think that is relevant public knowledge and will help avoid people being scammed? I can understand withholding private names/numbers to some extent, but this is borderline criminal activity at best.
He did not, but with all honesty I didn't ask that question. Really don't want to speculate because I'm as ignorant to their issues (minus this fiasco) as I am to most things in life. My OPINION is that they need to sit down and hash out some expectations

CorbLand

WKR
He did not, but with all honesty I didn't ask that question. Really don't want to speculate because I'm as ignorant to their issues (minus this fiasco) as I am to most things in life. My OPINION is that they need to sit down and hash out some expectations
And stop taking orders until they can figure that all out.

GotDraw?

WKR
That's a very cute sermon - TiGOAT isn't the company in question here. You could have deduced that from just reading the OP, or even the thread title. The actual company being discussed - GOAT Knives - appears not to be one that I would deal with. Appreciate the heads-up @grainhog - hopefully you get your money back!
Well, my bad and I stand corrected and will do so!
...so many GOATS, so little time.
J

intunegp

WKR
srF3KDC0RpeHeORChVWxrg.webp